Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 12:18:18 PM EDT
The scope I put on my AR interfears with my charging handle.  Is there a charging handle that will accomodate this situation?  When I refer to interfering, what I mean is the scope prohibits me from grabbing the charging handle with one hand and pulling it to the rear.  

Thanks for the input.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
PRI Gas Buster (or just the latch)
Badger Ordnance Tac-Latch

both of these have extended charging handle latches which allow easy operation with a scope
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Look for charging handles with extended latches there are several manufacturers here is an example of what I am talking about

www.badgerordnance.com/productgroup.php?id=latch
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

both of these have extended charging handle latches which allow easy operation with a scope

Tac-Latch for the win!
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1387&title=AR-15%2fM16+TACTICAL+LATCH
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Try the PRI Gas Buster. Here.
Or a Tac-Latch. Here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I installed one like the Tac-Latch made from steel on my AR but it gauled the aluminum of the reciever so bad I took it off.

Any one else have this problem?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, it marked mine up a bit, so I took the latch off, filed down the sharp edges to look like my stock charging latch and it hasnt got any worse since. I hear this was a flaw of the earlier ones.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yea, it marked mine up a bit, so I took the latch off, filed down the sharp edges to look like my stock charging latch and it hasnt got any worse since. I hear this was a flaw of the earlier ones.

Cool.  I thought about doing that but just haven't taken the time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#8]
If the scope interferes with your access to the charging handle, then the scope is mounted too far to the rear.  The scope is also too far to the rear for proper use, as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1 on the Badger
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh, the tac-latch is a bit obtrusive for me.  I found that it snagged on my LBV and clothes too much when slung.  

Like this one better:

www.bravocompanyusa.com/PRI-Big-Latch-p/tac%20latch%20-%20pri%20big.htm
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top