Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 6:00:02 PM EDT
Do Colt Match Target Competition hbar rifles have chrome lined barrels?  

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
According to my reference, none of the "MT" models have chrome barrels or chambers.
My 6700 doesn't. If it does, it should have a second "C" or "B" or "CB" stamped on the barrel along with the twist, MP. amd chambering info.

Note:  Several HBAR models have chromed bores but these are listed as "R" models.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
My MT6700 does not either

Do not be fooled by the MT6700C either, the C stands for compensator to the best of my knowledge
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do Colt Match Target Competition hbar rifles have chrome lined barrels?  

Some just have just chrome bores!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:01:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Only MT that has a chrom bore and chamber is the M4 nock off.

MT line is cheap parts at high prices.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I am by no means an authority on this subject or Colts period.  I was under the impression that the Match Target Match HBAR were chromelined bores if 1:7 and plain if 1:9?  I also realize he is speaking of the Competition HBAR not the Match HBAR.  Where would the C indicating chrome bore or chrome barrel be located on one of these?  My friend has a 1995 w/sear block and a 1999 with the webbing in the lower.  My 1999 has a Wilson on it these days and my 1998 Match Target Target Model wears an M16A2 barrel.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Only MT that has a chrom bore and chamber is the M4 Knock off.

MT line is cheap parts at high prices.

Oh really?

Scott Ryan may have some enlightening info for you.
Like it's only about roll marks, not QA or materials.
That a "0" at the chamber end of the barrel indicates a chrome lined chamber & bore.
...and that the receivers come off the same line as all the others.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:57:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Colts LEO line is a much better buy for the the little bit extra money.

Is the point I am making.

If you find a MT 20" compare it to the 6920 everyone gets a stiffy over, note the differences.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#9]
The O's have it!  The Hbar barrels have the O over the chamber.  They certainly looked chromelined when they were unfired.  They had a distinct matte silver ring at the muzzle.  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The O's have it!  The Hbar barrels have the O over the chamber.  They certainly looked chromelined when they were unfired.  They had a distinct matte silver ring at the muzzle.  Thanks all.

Glad the info helped.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:55:37 AM EDT
[#11]
The C marking meant Chrome chamber, and this marking has not been used on Colt RIFLE barrels since about 1972.

The B marking meaning chrome Bore was only used for a few years on Colt RIFLE barrels back in the mid-1970's.

The CB marking was not used on Colt RIFLE barrels.

Since 1989 USGI markings indicating a chrome bore on both rifles and carbines is a stamp on the breach of the barrel viewable just in front of the barrel nut.  It it is O on Colt products (can look like a C if not struck well), and looks sort of like a 6 on FN.  Sometimes Colt will also mark their commercial barrels this way, if it does have that marking then it does have a chrome bore, if not then it is suspect.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top