Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2007 7:15:00 PM EDT
Who makes the lightest barrel with these specs?

- stainless steel
- medium contour
- 16"
- midlength gas system

What do you guys think of the Noveske Recon barrel?  It weights 2lbs 1.6oz - how's that for a medium contour barrel?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Noveske makes great bbls...kinda pricey, but great

WOA i believe also makes a similar bbl that suits your specs (its SPR contoured)
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have the funds for a Noveske and are looking for a light stainless barrel, just get his "lightweight" profile;  it's essentially as light as one would want to go with a stainless barrel.

ETA:

The three Noveske profiles, standard/medium/light.  Note that the descriptions are not the same as the general use of those terms with regards to barrel profiles.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
John Noveske makes an excellent barrel.

This is our Recon barrel, available in WOA/Wilson, Douglas or Krieger blank.

jtacsupply.com/catalog/images/Recon-GB-Shoulder.jpg

I was really in the market for a complete upper.  Your Recon or Recon Scout uppers looks interesting.  I take it your Recon contour makes the barrels a bit lighter than the Noveske barrels?  How much more to upgrade to a DD 12" handguard on the Recon Scout?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Won't really be needing a quote.  That would be the only upgrade if I decide to order one.

Does permanent pinning affect accuracy?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top