Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 6:18:59 PM EDT
I completed a build made of known quality parts.  The barrel nut was generic.  I'm sure that the barrel nut is far less critical than either than the BCG parts but how critical do you think the barrel nut is?  It doesn't seem to get stressed other than when you tighten it down.  Is it one of those parts like the pistol grip or stock where any one will do adequately?

Survey says...
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?  Anyone?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If it works, it works.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as its in spec, And it didnt break teeth or split, Theres not a whole lot more you can ask of a barrel nut.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think if it was heat treated properly and the threads were spec it would be OK......JMO
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone else have any comments?  I'm liking what I am hearing so far.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the nut behind the barrel is more important.

Seriously though, the barrel nut seems like a part that is outsourced and probably only a only a few mfgs out there that do it.

Funny you mention it though, as barrels, receivers, FSBs, bolts, carriers and other parts have markings.  Never noticed one on a barrel nut..............
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top