User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 2:21:29 PM EDT
Any actual experience would also be appreciated -
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
go with the Y/M National Match or the Les Baer which is made by Y/M to Les Baer's own specs. you can pick up the Y/M from denny's guns/global tactical supply and you can pick up the les baer from them direct. ive got both and they kick ass..
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Beware the DPMS chromed carriers and bolts. I've had two and one of those I sent back because it was supposed to be a Smith Ent. one. DPMS chrome jobs leave a little to be desired.

FWIW, I used to have a Smith Ent. one years ago and I could kick myself for getting rid of it. Those were QUALITY chrome jobs on QUALITY parts. I do not believe they are making them anymore though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
that website is hard to navigate. You got a link?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I have and use both the Smith Ent. and the Young Manuf. Nat'l Match, they are both quality carriers. The Young Manuf. finish is much better than the Smith.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Beware the DPMS chromed carriers and bolts. I've had two and one of those I sent back because it was supposed to be a Smith Ent. one. DPMS chrome jobs leave a little to be desired.

FWIW, I used to have a Smith Ent. one years ago and I could kick myself for getting rid of it. Those were QUALITY chrome jobs on QUALITY parts. I do not believe they are making them anymore though.

Another vote for Baer / Young (same part, same patent #, different laser engraving).

Smith makes nice Mil-Spec looking carriers and bolts with hard chrome plating.  They are available from Brownell's.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12793&title=AR-15%2fM16+MATCH+BOLT+CARRIERS

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Young NM M16
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
How would the DPMS Titanium Nitride BCG compare to the Young NM? Does TiN buy you anything (claims to be high in lubricity and harder than chrome) or is it just a gimmick? I would think one would have to be concerned with the staking of the gas key.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 on the Young NM chrome BCG. Just got one from PK Firearms really nice finish, full load bearing surfaces. Ordered it on a Friday afternoon, got it Monday afternoon - great service with PK firearms.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Another vote for Baer / Young (same part, same patent #, different laser engraving).

Smith makes nice Mil-Spec looking carriers and bolts with hard chrome plating.  They are available from Brownell's.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12793&title=AR-15%2fM16+MATCH+BOLT+CARRIERS

Actually, the one from Brownells is the one I sent back. It seems Brownells is selling BC's advertised as Smith Ent. but are in fact made by DPMS. A few phone calls to Brownells, DPMS, and Smith Ent. gave conflicting answers: Smith insists they never had DPMS make them under the SE name; DPMS says they did a run or two; Brownells insists that DPMS DID make some for SE. All I know is that I've had both in the past (years ago) and that what I got from Brownells was NOT a Smith Ent. BC. Looked MUCH more like the DPMS, which is why I sent it back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:43:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up a Les Baer carrier from Brownells.
It is very well made and finished and was "only" about $140 with my C&R discount.
Now if only my WOA barrel will arrive so I can see how well it shoots
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top