Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 1:14:49 PM EDT
Just got in my new RRA upper assembly from Eagle Firearms, but I'm having a bit of a problem and wondered if any of you have run into it.

I can't close the ejection port door, no matter how hard I push. I have to use a small punch, knife blade, or other small object to push down on the button to get it to close. My first instinct is to take a Demel to the button and grind it down a bit on one side.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had this problem several times, kroil the little detent thingy while working it up and down. There's also a hole on the side you can get some into. not sure which one is more effective but it's worked 2 or 3 times now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I ran into that problem with a Del-Ton upper. I took a rat tail file to the upper, ran it in an out about 3 times on the groove where the pin hits, and it closed fine. I wouldn't dremel it as you should only have to take a tiny bit off.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:13:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Took a dremel to the button and shaved a little off and made a little dimple in the receiver and she closes great!.

And you're right, you don't have to take much off !
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:23:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I was going to suggest a bit of CLP on the catch mechanism spring and ball, and let time do it’s job, but I see you resorted to the file.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top