Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 3:25:09 PM EDT
I have an 18" RRA Varmint EOP. I currently have the basic collapsible stock mount on the back and a DD QD swivel attachment on the front. I have a high magnifaction scope on my AR so I will carry it over my shoulder most of the time. I have an EOtech that I occasionally use, but not nearly as much as my scope. It would be nice to have a sling that I can carry over my shoulder with my scope, and I can carry across the front of me with the Eotech. Is there such a sling available? If so, where can I find it? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Give it a little more time than 21 minutes

Mike
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
use a Top sling adapter along with GI sling and Para cord

GI Top sling adapter is around 7 bucks

I use this set up on one of  my M4

I like it better than most slings

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Mike

+1.
You really might want to give it a little more time.  Not everybody is waiting for you to post a question so they can respond.
You might want to try the improvised IDF type sling posted above.  It would allow a lot of carry options and doesn't cost a lot.
And you might also want to check some of the search features and stickys.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Mike

+1.
You really might want to give it a little more time.  Not everybody is waiting for you to post a question so they can respond.
You might want to try the improvised IDF type sling posted above.  It would allow a lot of carry options and doesn't cost a lot.

Ok its almost 3 hours later and still nothing on the Sling forum. I don't expect people to "waiting for me". I knew when I posted this here someone with no life would go and check on me to see if I was lying. These posts are criticism. Im looking for advice. I have searched the forums and haven't seen anything like I am looking for. I don't want cheap, I want quality. I rather spend the money to get a good sling.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my ASP sling that I bought from Rainier Arms. They are in the Industry forum, and are very helpful.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ok its almost 3 hours later and still nothing on the Sling forum. I don't expect people to "waiting for me". I knew when I posted this here someone with no life would go and check on me to see if I was lying. These posts are criticism. Im looking for advice. I have searched the forums and haven't seen anything like I am looking for. I don't want cheap, I want quality. I rather spend the money to get a good sling.

Hmmm, you'll be making a lot of friends around here.

It's also ironic to say others are criticizing you when you allude that they have no life.

As for your original question. Can this not be done with a 3-point sling? I've never used one so I really don't know.

Also, if I recall, a guy posted a sling he made himself where it had a buckle you could undo to release a "two point" sling from the front sight base and it then had a loop to use as a single point sling. It's kind of hard to explain in words but it would allow you to sling it over your shoulder while used as a two point sling and then with the Eotech you could use the single point option.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

+1.

wow! a whole 3 hours without a reply.

just buy a sling and try it.. just like every other ARaddict... youre going to end up with 3 anyway
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I am looking for advice on which make/model sling would satisfy my needs. Not more people talking shit, or telling me to do other things. Sorry for for having a short fuse, but everytime I make a post someone replies with a comment criticizing something I have done and it just gets old. For example: look at the first reply to my thread.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am looking for advice on which make/model sling would satisfy my needs. Not more people talking shit, or telling me to do other things. Sorry for for having a short fuse, but everytime I make a post someone replies with a comment criticizing something I have done and it just gets old. For example: look at the first reply to my thread.

Well, in my opinion they have a point. Also, you are talking more crap than anybody else.

Hey, at least I tried to help on top of my talking crap.

Will this setup not work for you?  Homemade Sling

ETA: Scroll down to bottom of first post to see how it can be used. Seems quite versatile to me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I would prefer something with some padding or made of leather.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Any 3 point will work but you will however be hard pressed to find one that is padded or made of leather.  Google Tactical Tailor, Giles, or Blue Force Tactical
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the Vickers Combat Applications 2 point sling.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have an 18" RRA Varmint EOP. I currently have the basic collapsible stock mount on the back and a DD QD swivel attachment on the front. I have a high magnifaction scope on my AR so I will carry it over my shoulder most of the time. I have an EOtech that I occasionally use, but not nearly as much as my scope. It would be nice to have a sling that I can carry over my shoulder with my scope, and I can carry across the front of me with the Eotech. Is there such a sling available? If so, where can I find it? Thanks in advance.

I run an Eagle Ind. Tac 3 sling. It's a 3 point.
I can sling it like a 2 point for over the shoulder carry or
I can use it as a 3 point and carry it across my front.
Sad to say it's not padded or made of Leather.

Someone please remind me why I am trying to help McGrath.

Ripak
Be Safe Have Fun
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

+1.

Well EXCUSE the heck out of me for asking you to give it more than 21 minutes

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone ever used the Turner AWS here or the CQD sling here?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sorry nope.

The AWS looks like a GI Garand Sling.
The CQD sling looks like a 2  poing with HK hook clasps like my Eagle Tac 3 has.

I have been thinking about the Padding and leather.
you could make a padded sleve that could slip over the one part of a 3 point to give you padding. I have a padded velcro thing from soething that had a carry strap and it would work as I have tested it but found that I did not need the padding.

You could try to make a 3 point sling from 2 used GI leather slings and pad the part that you want padded. or have a leather shop build you what you want.

I think that you should use a 3 point as the buleprint and you could have what you want.

Rip

Edit to say : Screw the type-o's as I was rushing to post
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:21:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

+1.

Since you never got past the instant gratification phase of development, I'll just add to the list of people not waiting for you.
Our posts are not criticism newb, they are advice that it might take a little more than 3 hours to get some feedback.  Given your asshat response, it might not be unexpected for you to expect less in the way of responses to your missives.
Have fun in your search for the sling panacea.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:06:14 AM EDT
[#18]
There's a sling forum?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I like my ASP sling that I bought from Rainier Arms. They are in the Industry forum, and are very helpful.

+1 Great sling and great guys to deal with...
TO
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:00:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Just research through the sling fourm yourself and figure it out. Plenty of pics/discussions.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:03:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Sorry for for having a short fuse, but everytime I make a post someone replies with a comment criticizing something I have done and it just gets old.

if everytime you make a post and you get the same results, maybe its not us.. maybe its you
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

i have the turner AWS sling on my remington 700, it is great for over the shoulder carry, and like all 1907 style slings it offers a nice lock up around the left arm for steady shooting without a rest.

i've seen a few AR's on here wearing the turner AWS but i don't know how comfortable it would be with the pistol grip.

if you're planning on carrying your rifle for any long period of time (ie: hunting excursions) you're probably better off with a 3-point sling like the Specter SOP Sling
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:32:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Has anyone ever used the Turner AWS

Yep.  Works wonders for holding up the extra poundage in the front and rear (weights).  Solid, dependable and ain't gonna rot like those "other" leather slings.  When I wrap it correctly, I'm almost as steady as using a rest.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:14:33 AM EDT
[#24]
i have no sling advice for you other than i love my vickers 2 pt.  my true advice comes in the form of propper politeness on such a great board.  you say you have a short fuse??? hell going by the looks of it you never had a fuse to start with.  second it takes a little longer than 3 hours to get a reply, especially in a forum other than the AR Tech forum.  i posted a thread last night w/ a question in the lights and lasers section and know damn well it'll be probably a day b4 i get an answer....and if i don't...do i get mad?  no!!!  i just bump the thread to the top.  this attitude you have won't get your far on this board and therefore i suggest you either leave the immaturity at the door or don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

-pat
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:48:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I would just get a plain jane web sling and some 550 Cord. Rig up what you want.

Para-Cord worked for me for many years in the Corps.

It's only now that I switched to a Single point sling because they work better for CQB.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

i have the turner AWS sling on my remington 700, it is great for over the shoulder carry, and like all 1907 style slings it offers a nice lock up around the left arm for steady shooting without a rest.

i've seen a few AR's on here wearing the turner AWS but i don't know how comfortable it would be with the pistol grip.

if you're planning on carrying your rifle for any long period of time (ie: hunting excursions) you're probably better off with a 3-point sling like the Specter SOP Sling

I like the 3 point sling, but I would like to attach it via sling swivels. Sorry if you guys thought I was rude, but I had just came home from a long day of tests at campus. BTW the number of Replies/Reads on the Sling forum 0/13. The number of replies/reads on the AR discussion 25/372. Anyways, will i have problems with the pistol grip digging into my back if I want to carry it over my shoulder?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

STAY on Topic.  We really don't care about your new boyfriend.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the 3 point sling, but I would like to attach it via sling swivels. Sorry if you guys thought I was rude, but I had just came home from a long day of tests at campus. BTW the number of Replies/Reads on the Sling forum 0/13. The number of replies/reads on the AR discussion 25/372. Anyways, will i have problems with the pistol grip digging into my back if I want to carry it over my shoulder?

i attached my 3 point sling using swivels one on the FSB one on the VLTOR stock...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

+1.

I gave you advise!

Cheap or not its work for me several years

Go suck a egg

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

and your point
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I would just get a plain jane web sling and some 550 Cord. Rig up what you want.

Para-Cord worked for me for many years in the Corps.

It's only now that I switched to a Single point sling because they work better for CQB.

I TOLD HIM THAT in 3rd POST

He thinks its CHEAP

Ive used it for many years

aint that STRANGE
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ya, asking you to give it more than 21 frickin minutes is talking shit, or telling you to do other things, criticizing you, ect.

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top