Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:35:29 PM EDT
I am having a feeding problem with my new CMMG upper. My problem is similar to another poster's problem but is the opposite. The rounds are getting stopped on the feed ramps. It happens a lot during cycling the rounds manually, but few times during firing. It has polished m4 ramps.

The BC touches the gas tube but it doesn't seem to move it so I don't think that is the problem and the carrier key is not loose. Mags are clean. What the hell is going on here?

EDIT: it can happen before the key even reaches the gas tube.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics would be a great help to diagnose this one.  I need to know exactly where the cartridge is getting caught on the ramp.  I had a similar problem but fixed it.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
try a few different mags?
First round of 30? last round in mag?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
try a few different mags?
First round of 30? last round in mag?

Sorry I don't have a camera right now. The rounds get hung up in the middle of the bullet, leaving nasty gouges. It happens almost every round. I rubed my fingernail on the feedramps and they feel like raw unfinished metal. Maybe they forgot to polish them? It happens with any mag.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:00:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Call Jeff at CMMG. He will make it right. If they forgot to polish the ramps then you can do that or have Jeff do it. He will make sure that it is working 100% before it's sent back to you. CMMG has awesome CS!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I never own CMMG But hear they are Good to go and are good guys to deal with!
I would call them FIRST before listening to us
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am having a feeding problem with my new CMMG upper. My problem is similar to another poster's problem but is the opposite. The rounds are getting stopped on the feed ramps. It happens a lot during cycling the rounds manually, but few times during firing. It has polished m4 ramps.

The BC touches the gas tube but it doesn't seem to move it so I don't think that is the problem and the carrier key is not loose. Mags are clean. What the hell is going on here?

EDIT: it can happen before the key even reaches the gas tube.

Does it feed
or is it just scratching the Bullets up

getting stopped on the feed ramp?

My Bushmaster did this!  But it was because of the 10rd MAG they made back then?

also sometimes Brand New AR15 need  broke in  1000rds

good luck
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#7]
When I read your topic I thought you meant an upper denture!here
Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]
try opening up the feel lips a little on the mags.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I had to take some material off one of the reedramps. There was a sharp edge on the barrel extension. I then polished the ramps with 2000 grit sandpaper. It feeds 100% now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top