Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2006 6:16:43 PM EDT
The local gun shop just got a brand new 16" Stag Arms M4gery in, it's marked at $800, I might be able to get it cheaper, what do you guys think?

It's very nice, no wear on bolt or hammer or anything else, finish is perfect also, looks like no rounds have been fired. But you gotta wonder why someone would pawn a brand new rifle like that? Unless it was confiscated by police than sold or something.

Everything is inluded, carry handle and all. I can put 275 down and pay the rest in installments or whatever, so it sounds like one hell of a deal.

PS: They also have a brand new HK91 and a very new Ak47 for reasonable prices, I gotta start saving my money!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You can easily build one for less.  Even if you have to use all Stag parts, it can still be done for less.  See JKiser's ads in the lowers/complete weapons section of the EE.  Building it is fun, and it costs about $730 w/all new Stag parts (and a lot les if you troll the EE used section for parts).

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=329926
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=360233

If you can get the one in the shop for less than $800, and it's chrome-lined, it wouldn't be a bad deal, however.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Make sure it comes with the ARMS 40 BUIS on the flattop.

ETA-  It should look like the below.

img170.imageshack.us/img170/6459/stagm4stick9ws.jpg

I know what a ARMS 40 is

It has a carry handle, which I kind of prefer, because flip-ups are pretty ugly when there is no optic to make use of it, and there is no optic in this weapon's future.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Save yourself the money and pass.  The handguards are only single heatshield and will be very uncomforably hot just after 3-30round mags.

I had a STAG arms once and wasn't impressed, not impressed with RRA either (which is made by STAG).

I'd vote on staying away, and if you REALLY want an AR15 go with a Bushmaster M4A3 www.aimsurplus.com has them, or COLT 6920 www.knesekguns.com (will have a shipment in a month)
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know what a ARMS 40 is

It has a carry handle, which I kind of prefer, because flip-ups are pretty ugly when there is no optic to make use of it, and there is no optic in this weapon's future.

I meant the overall weapon, I figured you were aware of what it looked like, but most of us reading this board are visual.  

Make sure that its a decent carry handle, and not one of the Chinese imports.  It sounds like a decent price through a store if its new.  If its not new, I would get the price down a bit if possible.

I can surely get it for cheaper, 50-100 cheaper.

The handle looks like the genuine stag arms carry handle it came with, they probably never even removed it.

I'll build my own eventualy, probably the 6.8 POF I have planned in the future

Thanks for the input guys.

By the way, what kind of camera do you use regularly Stick? I've always wondered, and I'm looking for a good professional camera at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#7]
How much do they want for the HK91?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Save yourself the money and pass.  The handguards are only single heatshield and will be very uncomforably hot just after 3-30round mags.

I had a STAG arms once and wasn't impressed, not impressed with RRA either (which is made by STAG).

I'd vote on staying away, and if you REALLY want an AR15 go with a Bushmaster M4A3 www.aimsurplus.com has them, or COLT 6920 www.knesekguns.com (will have a shipment in a month)

I bought the same rifle he's talking about, and, like the picture above, it had double insulated handgaurds, which are great.

I got it over the BM from AimSurplus, as a matter of fact.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By the way, what kind of camera do you use regularly Stick? I've always wondered, and I'm looking for a good professional camera at the moment.

Olympus C-750 & Canon 20D.

ETA-  The Canon is just out of service until I get the sensor cleaned.

Cool cool, would you recommend either of them?

Quoted:

It's marked at $1750

I can talk the bastard down, easy
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The 20D isn't cheap, but its an outstanding camera.  The C-750 is a very good camera, but its old and outdated, and I'm not sure where you would even find one.  Its not even in the same league as the Canon.

Wow, Yeah that 20D might be just a little out of my league.

Does Sony make decent cameras? I'm looking at the Sony Cyber-shot 7.2-Megapixel Digital Camera.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So your implying RRA's are made by stag?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#14]

So your implying RRA's are made by stag?

Well, since Stag is the commercial arm of CMT and CMT makes most of the RRA parts, yeah that's not too far off.

I have had great experience with Stag and RRA, I would not hesitate to buy another as long as they offer the configuration I want. (actually most of my guns are made out of RRA or Stag part or a combo thereof)

BTW, I just got a Stag M4 upper from Stickman (RainierArms.com). Very happy with the product and service.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:47:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:38:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Stag rocks! I even like the deer head logo!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's marked at $1750

I can talk the bastard down, easy

If only it wasn't on the other side of the country.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top