Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 9:03:49 AM EDT
Never watch tv much in the am other than the news and bingo theres GI factory at FN. I saw it mentioned before on the boards but missed it. How cool. Spent a little time on bbl making but was disappointed they didn't discuss chrome lining the bbl. Cracked up when a little ol lady checking the bbs for run out put the bbl ass. (no upper) in a hand press and bent the bbl in the middle to get it straight. They coulda spent the whole show on the AR and gotten a little more in detail but it was good to see Americans making something instead of opening a box from China. No offense to the Norinco owners. I was supposed to be detailing our 2000 Expedition thats for sale but I'm going to throw my 20in A2, some targets and our Lab in the old Land Cruiser and have some fun in the hills. Scare the hell out of the whistle pig population.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#1]
That was a good episode, and yes that lady bending the barrel was humorous. I was quite surprised on how simple they made rifling the barrel look too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I was in that plant a few months, installing some
equipment that I have designed. Very nice facility.
I got a warm fuzzy feeling being in that plant!
Made in the USA! Oh Yea!
Johnny C!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw it too.  What was so funny about the lady?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi wth is a whistle pig?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hi wth is a whistle pig?

Groundhog.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
the fact that she was bending the barrels was funny.  you should have read the other 2 GI factory threads when that episode first aired...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top