Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 12:13:27 PM EDT
Can anyone with knowledge of either speak up.  I am interested in the 16" model from either company.  I have done a few searches and none that i could find compared the two.  

thanks for any input.

Will
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
money no issue? lmt
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
money no issue? lmt

+1
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
With RRA you can buy a complete rifle...

With LMT you're stuck with buying a complete lower, then buying a stripped barreled upper.... you still need to buy a rear sight, handguards and a bolt carrier group...  There are a number of LMT dealers that can sell you all the parts, put the upper together, or you can have LMT send the uppers as complete units, but unless you're LEO you can't get a factory complete rifle...

Personally, I'd rather have an LMT, just cause they're nice to deal with and I've done business with them through my shop.  

I don't think you could go wrong with either brand...  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Money is an issue for the most part.  I dont mind spending 1200+/- for something that is going to last accordingly.  I wont spend double the money just to have one say LMT on the side.  I have a bushmaster right now and dont really like it.  Its ok, but just doesnt feel as good in the hand as the RRA.  Never held an LMT but ive always heard that they were good.
will
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 LMT
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
LMT > RRA

For a lot of reasons. Especially if you care about your feedramps at all.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
LMT cost more but have more M4 military features like standard chrome lined barrel and Gov't. profile, MP inspected, buttstock is interchangeable with other Mil-Spec brands.

The RRA difference are feedramps are not true M4, they have a heavier barrel profile, chrome lined barrel is optional and the stock is not interchangeable with Mil-Spec type buttstocks like LMT, Colt and Vltor.

They're both high quality and you can't go wrong with either brands.

I have a LMT Defender 2000 16" and a RRA 9 mm 16" carbine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
LMT cost more but have more M4 military features like standard chrome lined barrel and Gov't. profile, MP inspected, buttstock is interchangeable with other Mil-Spec brands.

The RRA difference are feedramps are not true M4, they have a heavier barrel profile, chrome lined barrel is optional and the stock is not interchangeable with Mil-Spec type buttstocks like LMT, Colt and Vltor.

I agree. Personally I would get the LMT, but if you are on a tight budget the RRA is a serviceable carbine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
LMT or Bushmaster ?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#11]
LMT > RRA > Bushmaster

Quoted:

Quoted:
With RRA you can buy a complete rifle...

With LMT you're stuck with buying a complete lower, then buying a stripped barreled upper.... you still need to buy a rear sight, handguards and a bolt carrier group...  

I'm not sure where you heard that, but you can buy a complete LMT lower, and a complete LMT upper without any problem at all.  The worst that happens is that you save 11% because you are slapping it together yourself with all of 2 pins.  You still have the factory warranty.

Show me where LMT offers a complete upper to civilians.  Sorry they don't.  As a dealer you have to assemble one yourself from LMT parts, or order one complete (will still be invoiced as seperate parts, though they will assemble it if you ask)...  They have no "buy complete upper option"...  for an M4 it's a bare barreled upper sans rear sight/bcg/ch/hg, and an MRP is just the MRP rail and barrel, all other parts must be purchased as seperate...

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the replies.  We'll see how it goes finding what i need to build it.  I would like to get the 14.5 and attach the AAC M4-2000 flash suppressor.  Hopefully one of these days I can get the suppressor to go with it.  Dont know whether to have it permanently attached or SBR.  If the whole thing turns into a hassle with LMT I dont have a problem buying an RRA.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]
There's no hassle in building a LMT...  Any of the stocking dealers will have everything you need, most likely.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I love my LMT.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
money no issue? lmt

+1

+1 I have both and the LMT is better. For the money it is hard to go wrong with RRA but LMT is a much better IMO.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I prefer LMT. They did send me a purple rear sight and charging handle latch. They need to work on their anodizing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I love my LMT and I did get a complete upper minus BUIS.  If you end up getting one, I'd get the 2 stage trigger also.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Again, I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but you are getting it from a faulty source.  I am a dealer for LMT, and I get fully assembled LMT uppers for people all the time.  Anyone who sells LMT has access to fully assembled LMT uppers, its not just us.  

Please, go to your dealer login, and give me a link to a complete upper.  It's not there.  There is NO stated price on a complete upper.  You must buy the barrelled upper, add handguards to the order, bolt carrier group and charging handle...  etc.  Sure, they'll assemble it for you, but there is no "one click" order complete upper.  

Again, for me to order complete M4 uppers, I had to individually order bare uppers, charging handles, handguards and bolt carriers seperately...

I am not an LEO or Government dealer, so there might be a section I'm not getting, but complete uppers are just not there.....  

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you mean complete UPPER or complete Rifle?

Cause you are sounding kinda weird.

ETA: I see where you are coming from now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I think he means complete upper as in with the bolt carrier and charging handle which is kind of moot......

I'd personally just buy the upper assembly and buy a nice custom charging handle and chrome m-16 carrier.
Really don't know what he's complaining about........
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm really fucked because I have two complete LMT uppers in the safe: one 10.5" and one 16".

Both came complete with M4 handguards, charging handles, bolts, carriers, and carry handles.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#24]
My LMT upper did not come with handguards, or maybe the dealer put them on, but "barrel in receiver" as far as I am concerned is "assembled" that the dealer (or I) put the handguards on and stuck the bolt in is pretty meaningless.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
LMT > RRA > Bushmaster

RRA better than Bushie? I disagree. I remember the out of spec/"new spec" upper receivers and problems getting chrome lined barrels from them. Their "M-4" barrels still are not properly machined where they are concealed by the handguards and Bushmaster uses a better quality steel in the barrels than RRA.

Whether any of this means jack to most civilian users is debatable, and RRA has increased their quality in recent years, but they are still in the "good affordable alternative" category.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#26]
please post dealer prices thanx
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#27]

My complete LMT lower came from Denny: www.globaltactical.com/

My complete LMT upper came from Grant: www.gandrtactical.com/

Good dealers, good stuff.

I have an RRA lower, and it's fine.  I prefer the LMT stuff.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top