Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 10:45:12 AM EDT
People are telling me that it's better to build your own, is that true?
I am also looking for something you can drag in the dirt and will keep firing, everyone is telling me that the AR jams is that true??

Please let me know I don’t know a whole lot about the AR

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#1]
probably better to post this in the AR15 section than in the Glock section.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Without investing in tools for an AR the best bang for the buck is...

$495 Stag Arms M4 flattop upper with Arms #40a rear sight
$225 Stag complete lower receiver

$720 for a complete rifle
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

On that note, what is the closest supplier to Dallas? Personally I have been looking at several different stripped lowers, so any insight on those would be good as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stag gives you a high quality factory weapon (w/ warranty) with the ability to buy/build/assemble a weapon at a very low price.

+1

and in the long run, building is better (and cheaper); as to jamming...take care of it and it'll take care of you
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think you're going to have much choice here in Kali. You need to get your receiver(s) and BIY in a non-AW configuration.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]
That's why I bought a kel-tecCA model with bull barrel mixed with AK-74 flash/brake, M-6 laser/flashlight, Eotech and some SS109/m855 backed by a Glock 21 with +P golden sabers and serrated to the tip spyderco
This will work for me!

It's the closes thing to an AR15 here in California  same bolt  as an AR savage like barrel with Ak-74 gas tube and flash/muzzle brake
Like  I said it’s not an AR but it's very accurate dependable and super light.
I have shot anywhere from 1-3 moa even when hot, my Mini 14 and SKS can never do that.
I have fired over 500 rounds with no jam and works great during rapid fire. for all you that have ARs with 1/2 by28 get this www.bushmaster.com/shopping/brakes/mmt-0012a.asp

You will thank me later
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#9]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Noveske Afghan.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#12]
For your own benefit, isn't that vertical foregrip on your rifle + that 30 rounder in a post ban weapon illegal in your state? I could very easily be wrong but it's worth checking out.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
wonder why he has not been banned yet.  

Keltech do you know this guy
I teach brasilian jiujitsu and kickboxing love hip hop and rock love going out to clubs Vegas Hollywood. I love chilling with good friend and just having fun.
Male
29 years old
Bellflower, CALIFORNIA
United States
img208.imageshack.us/img208/6279/354946138l6ew.jpg

img464.imageshack.us/img464/4527/484142635l8xv.jpg

Is that him? Is that Keltech?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have fired over 500 rounds with no jam

Wow a whole 500 rounds.

What happened after the warm up session?

and works great during rapid fire. for all you that have ARs with 1/2 by28 get this www.bushmaster.com/shopping/brakes/mmt-0012a.asp

You will thank me later

Many of us spent 10 years getting rid of those abortions.  Nobody will thank you for suggesting that - just the opposite in fact.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I dont know, Lets let Keltech answer that question. After all it is from a site that he used my email address to set up a fake account of a woman looking for men.
Oh and it was such a great password that he set for me, 1superfag. But little did he realize that IP addresses can be tracked.  
All I have to do is cross refrence it with the IP address from the email he sent me.

PIcs are from the email address he used to email me last night. Just did a search on the site that he set up the fake account using my email address.

WOuldnt you know, he uses the same sight for dating. LOL.
I thought he had a wife and kids, or did someone hold them hostage and he took them out first so he could shoot the bad guy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I dont know, Lets let Keltech answer that question. After all it is from a site that he used my email address to set up a fake account of a woman looking for men.
Oh and it was such a great password that he set for me, 1superfag. But little did he realize that IP addresses can be tracked.  
All I have to do is cross refrence it with the IP address from the email he sent me.

PIcs are from the email address he used to email me last night. Just did a search on the site that he set up the fake account using my email address.

WOuldnt you know, he uses the same sight for dating. LOL.
I thought he had a wife and kids, or did someone hold them hostage and he took them out first so he could shoot the bad guy.

Thats where you are wrong the IP address I used is not mine lol
You will have to do better then that
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
wonder why he has not been banned yet.  

Keltech do you know this guy
I teach brasilian jiujitsu and kickboxing love hip hop and rock love going out to clubs Vegas Hollywood. I love chilling with good friend and just having fun.
Male
29 years old
Bellflower, CALIFORNIA
United States
img208.imageshack.us/img208/6279/354946138l6ew.jpg

img464.imageshack.us/img464/4527/484142635l8xv.jpg

Apparently you have found my account and now your lust for me runs wild, you appear more frivolous then first thought. Your stalker like behavior is inexplicably out of control. I am not sure how to relay this to you, but I am unequivocally unattracted to you
Please stop proclaiming your love for me. I don’t intent of ever dating you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#18]
and IBTL

Why hasn't he been banned yet?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#19]
ok Keltec
If you agree that you will stop all this BS and the dating sight thing then I will not persue your actions any farther.
Just repeat what you said to me in the IM in all of your posts and appoligise to everyone for being a horses ass, then it is over and done with.
For me that is, I cant speak for everyone else
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
ok Keltec
If you agree that you will stop all this BS and the dating sight thing then I will not persue your actions any farther.
Just repeat what you said to me in the IM in all of your posts and appoligise to everyone for being a horses ass, then it is over and done with.
For me that is, I cant speak for everyone else

I am sorry I never had a problem with anyone here
I just wanted to know peoples opinion on certain question.
I think we both can agree it does not give anyone the right to insult me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
People are telling me that it's better to build your own, is that true?
I am also looking for something you can drag in the dirt and will keep firing, everyone is telling me that the AR jams is that true??

Please let me know I don’t know a whole lot about the AR

if you are in Kalifornia you are pretty much S*** out of luck! You can only get a receiver with a fixed 10 round mag now, unless maybe you get one of those crappy hook handles on it. Its basically illegal to have an AR in Kalifornia, unless you had it prior to the ban, which you dont.

Building your own probably wont cost less, and will require some knowledge about putting it together.

As for jamming alot, who said that? Had to be "everybody" with an AK. If you want something for dirt cheap then get yourself an SKS. Cheap, and you can get "California legal"  models, and they can take quite a beating.

If you werent in Kali I would say get an AK if you wanted something to beat on. New $300+, used under $200. Beat the crap out em , cant kill em.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#23]
+10 for marrsII, this is some funny stuff.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

$495 $475 Stag Arms M4 flattop upper with Arms #40a rear sight

aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Upper_Assemblies.html

Best deal out there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Keltech
Appoligy accepted
I removed my post about you
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top