Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 6:56:14 PM EDT
My friend and I both have Stag M4 16" uppers.

I got mine a couple months ago and it has the keyhole mark on the right side of the receiver.

He got his just recently and he has the keyhole mark on the right side as well, but a "C" to the left of the keyhole.

What gives
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
the key hole alone means the raw forging was made by Cerro Forge and with the C means it's a cerro finished by Colt

ETA: I didn't realize this when I first posted, your friends is a STAG?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
the key hole alone means the raw forging was made by Cerro Forge and with the C means it's a cerro finished by Colt

ETA: I didn't realize this when I first posted, your friends is a STAG?

Yes we both have Stags...

I thought Colt too, but I was like wtf..
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Considering there is a very good chance that Stag/CMT makes Colt's rifles, your friend probably has a rare factory Colt marked upper that managed to slip out.  Does it have M4 cuts/feedramps? I believe only the "special edition"(proabably a Colt over-run) stags have the M4 feed ramps but I could be wrong.  Tell him to sell it as a Colt upper for twice the amount it's worth.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
My upper has a key hole symbol on it to. It's just behind the brass deflector. There is also a  letter M on the front of the receiver just above the gas tube. Sorry to hijack the thread, but it is relative. Who made my upper????
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Huh??? Stag is making Colts????  I don`t think so..........
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Considering there is a very good chance that Stag/CMT makes Colt's rifles, your friend probably has a rare factory Colt marked upper that managed to slip out.  Does it have M4 cuts/feedramps? I believe only the "special edition"(proabably a Colt over-run) stags have the M4 feed ramps but I could be wrong.  Tell him to sell it as a Colt upper for twice the amount it's worth.

He paid like $500 for it.

I'm not sure if it has the ramps.  I'll have to ask him.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I know.... Stag is purchasing rejected Colt forgings!  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Huh??? Stag is making Colts????  I don`t think so..........

I do think so and I'm not the only one.   This isn't the first stag upper/parts reported with Colt markings.  There is no other way to explain it.  Not to mention Colt probably outsources everything they sell and it just so happens that Stag is close to Colt in Connecticut, as well.  I also think Stag makes S&W's ARs too, along with many other brands.  If CMT has been manufacturing rifle parts for over 30 years, per their website and Stag was only founded in 2003, WHO have they been making parts for? I believe the answer is Colt.

Have some more Kool Aid.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:27:05 AM EDT
[#9]
and another internet myth is born..................

Next thing you know is folks will be saying STAG guns are in use by Navv SEALs!!

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Next thing you know is folks will be saying STAG guns are in use by Navv SEALs!!

theyre not???? that is the only reason why i bought one!!!!! damn it....................
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:32:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

HA! or the "rare Colt upper" that slipped out to Stag. I'll pay $1k for that upper! it is RARE!
HA! only joking... no offense that just struck me funny
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

theyre not???? that is the only reason why i bought one!!!!! damn it....................

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Yup, as far as I can remember.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top