Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:06:35 PM EDT
Hope this isn't a stupid question but what is the purpose of this little spring? Sorry I'm a newbie
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Holds the take down spring in place.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The spring pushes on the brass detent that holds the pin in place and makes it captive.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, The spring went flying and I was wondering how important it was. When the pin fell out and my upper flipped open I figured it out. Thanks for your help. Now I gotta find it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
If ya can't find it give me a call and I will send you one no charge.

Denny 816 809 9452

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Denny,
I was also working on my weapon.  I still have the little spring but I lost my  entire "LMT DEFENDER 2000 WITH SOPMOD AND 2 STAGE TRIGGER".

Can you send me one???  Ha Ha Ha

Seriously, when do you think you are going to get in more LMT lowers with the SPOMOD stock?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks, The spring went flying and I was wondering how important it was. When the pin fell out and my upper flipped open I figured it out. Thanks for your help. Now I gotta find it.

If ya can't find it give me a call and I will send you one no charge.

Denny  816 809 9452

+1 for Denny. Never fails to amaze me Denny you (rock)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:53:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Denny I really appreciate the offer, took awhile on my hands and knees but I found  it. Thanks again
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone not had that lovely experience when reassembling the pivot pin.  "Sproingggggg,  ahhhh not again...."
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Has anyone not had that lovely experience when reassembling the pivot pin.  "Sproingggggg,  ahhhh not again...."

I have a bag of spare springs and detents for a reason......... Everytime I order something big, I order spare parts just in case. Saves on shipping, and I have them if I need them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top