Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 6:26:47 PM EDT
I already own an XD9 and a Norinco MAK-90.  I definately want to own an AR in the future to round out the collection.  

Armalite, Bushmaster, DPMS, Colt, Rock River Arms, Olympic Arms.......  So many brands.

I'm not ready to buy yet, but when I do I'm expecting to pay around $800-$1,000.  I would like an American Made Rifle.

Do they have different trigger pulls?  What are the differences?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River Arms is a little bit cheaper ($800ish) yet I remember reading some good things about them on this forum.

Government Model, Entry Tactical, etc. etc.  So many models??
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the difference between a rifle and a carbine.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nevermind found it on wikipedia.com.  Carbines are shorter than rifles.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't buy an AR-15. Demand for ammunition is already sky high, and suppy is low causing prices to soar. You will just add to that.

BTW, a carbine is typically 16" barrel or shorter, while a rifle is 20" or longer (when it comes to AR's) generally speaking of course!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I was in your shoes about a month ago. I didnt know what brand to buy how much to spend or if I wanted to addand AR to my gun buying addiction. I searched the forum read many posts, as I see you've done your share of posting and sure you have read many as well. I finally decided on building my own. In reality i just put two peices together. I spent about $730 shipped on a Stag Carbine Flat top,w/A.R.M.S FURS all bone stock. Since then I've added a MI rail system with Magpul XT covers, an ASP Sling,  Houge grip, and now trying to find a good Bi-Pod.I was really unsure about buying an gun on the Internet, but I found a guy on the EE Jkiser. I called him up and we chated for about 45min on what I wanted, he showed me what REAL customer service was. Of course I had some dumb questions, but to him there is NO dumb question. I got my Complete upper and lower about 3 days later put it together and put some lead down range. I called him up and gave him a range report, I think he was excited as I was. All in all Im not telling you to buy a Stag or who to buy from, just my small experinces. Make sure you do alot of reading on what you want before you buy. These guys on here are very helpful as I'm sure you already know. Hope I have helped a bit.

Ohh and make sure You post your pics when you get your new Black Stick
It is a VERY addicting thing these Ar's
Where at In TX???
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So many models??

That is the beauty of a modular weapon.

Before you venture out to grab a brand spanking new AR-15, I suggest you run by local gun shops and handle a few of them.  Some don't like the way the collapsible stocks feel when shouldered, others don't like rails, I could go on for days, but I will stop here!

Even better, if you live close to any other AR15.com members, check out the hometown forums because I am quite sure that many will be willing to let you shoot their AR-15s so you can "try before you buy".
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top