Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:06:57 AM EDT
Hey all- anybody have any tips on removing an A2 Flash Hider? Ive got one that ive been torquing on for hours and cant get it to budge. tried to heat it up for 30 or so seconds with direct flame from a bic lighter and then torque; nothing. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Im hoping that Standard "lefty loosey" "righty tighty" applies here.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:09:20 AM EDT
[#1]
What are try to remove the flash hider with?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:10:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Locking pliers and brute strength I have a DPMS Multi tool around as well
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:32:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey all- anybody have any tips on removing an A2 Flash Hider? Ive got one that ive been torquing on for hours and cant get it to budge. tried to heat it up for 30 or so seconds with direct flame from a bic lighter and then torque; nothing. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Im hoping that Standard "lefty loosey" "righty tighty" applies here.

Hey!! I had the same problem.  I ended up using a my dads vice in his garage and a crescent wrench. I removed the handguards(where the barrel is much thicker) and used a piece of leather around the barrel and a small piece on edge of the FH  to prevent marring.  I couldn't believe how tight the FH was torqued on from the factory. I also tried the brute strength thing, well I guess I'm not that strong hehehe.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#4]
BUMP
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont mean to question your brain power, but are you sure it isnt perm. attached?

Ok past that, secure the bbl however you may, then use the DPMS tool.  I use the upper reciever jig, pin the upper to it, and use the wrench.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#6]
No, Its not permanently attached. After the first 10 mintues i had thoroughly checked out that possibility.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a combination armorer's wrench. Couldn't get flash hider off an OLY with a regular wrench. Didn't have any blocks to hold the upper and barrel in place so I sat on the barrel and with the armorers wrench the FH came right off.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Breaker bar++
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top