Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:38:34 AM EDT
I BOUGHT A PREBAN BUSHMASTER, BEING I LIVE IN MA. I WROTE TO BUSHMASTER ABOUT REFINISHING RECEIVER(BEING THAT THE RECEIVER IS PURPLE/PLUM IN COLOR) BUSHMASTER STATED THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF THESE RECEIVERS AND THERE WAS ONCE A THREAD ON THIS BOARD ENTITLED "PURPLE BUSHY CLUB" ANY OF YOU REMEMBER THIS ? ARE THESE RECEIVERS SOMEWHAT COLLECTIBLE OR CONSIDERED A BUSHY ANODIZING MISTAKE ? ANYONE ELSE HAVE A PURPLE BUSHY ? ANYONE ELSE HAVE IT RE-ANODIZED WITH GOOD RESULTS ? TWO CENTS APPRECIATED !   hinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Only found a few things in the archive, nothing about a club though.. join the team

question about re-coating a purple bushy??

Purple Bushy Lower

Whats the deal with the "purple Bushmaster"?

Purple Bushmasters?

Maybe someone with better archive searching fu can find it...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#2]
THANKS FOR LOOKING
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]
QUIT TYPING IN ALL CAPS, JETHRO!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]
You could always buy a purple HK product to go with your purple Bushmaster.  Somehow, HK perfected the art of making blued steel look purple sometime in the 1980's.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a Furple Bushy and it shoots great and it's only bad furple when you get it under the artificial light, the rest of the time you can't tell.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a purple Sendra lower.  That sucker is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]
you can always go to ADCO and have them paint your Furple rifle into a politically correct, "Black Rifle".

But hey! That's just me dropping my 2 cents. I know some people actually like their Poihple rifle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#9]
There was a club here years ago and I think there was even a song too !
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish I could find a purple upper to match mine .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top