Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 11:55:15 PM EDT
Is this possible?  Has anyone tried it?  

Just wondering if it is a good idea at all.

Thanks

Frontsight
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Barrett makes a full auto lower receiver. Also the uppers can be placed on standard selective fire lower receivers. I have fired numerous times full auto 68SPC. Just the Barrett. Controlability is fine. More recoil than the 5.56 but far less than an AK. The 6.8 is very much an intermediate cartridge capable of very controllable fully automatic fire.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I shot a LMT full auto at the LMO shoot after SHOT Show and it was awesome.  I found it to have much less muzzle rise than an identical gun in 5.56mm.  More of just a push with all the bullets in a very tight beaten zone downrange.

Stephen
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:02:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems like a very interesting and viable project.  Will see how to work out ammo logistics before getting into it.

Thanks for all your input.

Frontsight  

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top