Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 12:32:52 PM EDT
How do I become an AR 15 Manufacturer? If I wanted to start making AR 15s and selling them how would I do this and what laws would I have to follow? Like how would I register them?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
In addition to various state and local regulations and zoning that would have to be met, as well as likely needing to incorporate, you need a particular type of a federal firearms license which allows manufacturing.

Call or write the ATF - they are usually very helpful and friendly on the phone.  I know the people I have spoken to in Atlanta have always been very nice.

Try their FAQ page for starters:

www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact ATF, I think it's ATF.gov or something. You need a class 2 FFL. They'll tell you how much it cost and how to apply and such.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Just build a couple, take them to the ATF and show them how awesome you are!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes, definatly!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Agreed, but make sure they have a fun switch(full auto), and a barrel less than 16" with a homemade suppressor on it. They should get you signed up then!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Might want to ask ShootnScoot.

He's pretty up to date on the law...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Might want to ask ShootnScoot.

He's pretty up to date on the law...

Oh snap.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top