Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 9:41:28 PM EDT
I got an extra rifle that I really dont need.  I havent really sold a rifle in a LONG time.  Do the pre 94 rifles demand a premium? Just asking cos it seems like once a rifle is sold on the EE everybody delets the price. thanks for the answers
cheers Jim
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Occasionally you run into someone from a ban state that makes noise looking for preban products, but when the time comes for them to step up to the plate, the response is pale..NUFF said!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I got an extra rifle that I really dont need.  I havent really sold a rifle in a LONG time.  Do the pre 94 rifles demand a premium? Just asking cos it seems like once a rifle is sold on the EE everybody delets the price. thanks for the answers
cheers Jim

People held hostage in commie states will sometimes drop some extra pennies for a pre-ban, for everyone else it doesnt mean much.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:11:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Occasionally you run into someone from a ban state that makes noise looking for preban products, but when the time comes for them to step up to the plate, the response is pale..NUFF said!

Agreed some of the time but if you look at reasonably priced pre-ban items, they go pretty quickly on the EE.  It's the non-ban staters who are trying to do us a "favor" by offering their pre-94 well used Olympic Arms, EA, etc. for $1200+ that don't get much response.  The reason for that is there are too many non-ban staters willing to sell their pre-94 stuff for reasonable prices for us to even bother with the $1200 pre-bans.  Prices are dictated by the market and even in places like NY, $1100-1200+ for a 12+ year old AR (or any AR for that matter) is a rip off.

... just my two cents as a ban-stater.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed some of the time but if you look at reasonably priced pre-ban items, they go pretty quickly on the EE.  It's the non-ban staters who are trying to do us a "favor" by offering their pre-94 well used Olympic Arms, EA, etc. for $1200+ that don't get much response.  The reason for that is there are too many non-ban staters willing to sell their pre-94 stuff for reasonable prices for us to even bother with the $1200 pre-bans.  Prices are dictated by the market and even in places like NY, $1100-1200+ for a 12+ year old AR (or any AR for that matter) is a rip off.

Here on Long Island I see pre-ban AR's go for $1700-$1800 and they sell fast. No Thanks. It is a constant sore subject with me that people will pay that premium for little or no gain. This has come up several times in the past week. I CAN'T talk some people out of it. You try to talk reason, but they insist that it is a better firearm, and pay twice as much.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here on Long Island I see pre-ban AR's go for $1700-$1800 and they sell fast. No Thanks. It is a constant sore subject with me that people will pay that premium for little or no gain. This has come up several times in the past week. I CAN'T talk some people out of it. You try to talk reason, but they insist that it is a better firearm, and pay twice as much.

Where on LI do you see this happening? Let me guess...Coliseum Gun Traders or Guns & Ammo in Bohemia. I've seen prebans priced over $1300 for well used SGWs, PWAs, etc at LI gun shops.  Gun shops are over priced as it is, especially on Long Island but they can over charge for prebans because mindless noobs don't know the difference and don't realize they can find the same gun for half the price somewhere else.  People on this site usually know what the deal is and will not pay anything close to that price. Hell, just look at the EE. I've seen at least 4 preban Colts sell in the $800 price range, this week alone. Now that is reasonable.  Too bad more preban lowers don't pop up.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
our shop sells a few on the net $800 seems to be going rate for a colt  BM is  about the same
off brands $500-600
they still bring a bit more as NYers want um  
although last couple we sold went to Texas though go figure
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where on LI do you see this happening? Let me guess...Coliseum Gun Traders or Guns & Ammo in Bohemia. I've seen prebans priced over $1300 for well used SGWs, PWAs, etc at LI gun shops.  Gun shops are over priced as it is, especially on Long Island but they can over charge for prebans because mindless noobs don't know the difference and don't realize they can find the same gun for half the price somewhere else.  People on this site usually know what the deal is and will not pay anything close to that price. Hell, just look at the EE. I've seen at least 4 preban Colts sell in the $800 price range, this week alone. Now that is reasonable.  Too bad more preban lowers don't pop up.  

Good guess, yes. Not the issue with people here. But people I have met recently. One is my nephew's buddy, this guy and his pal just purchased two rifles in this price range after I tried to talk them out of it.  They insisted on having preban rifles, and put my post-ban stuff down, oh well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  I bought three this year.  I do however understand though.  During the ban, these rifles were a substantial investment to these folks and I'd probably have a hard time separating as well...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top