Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 4:29:08 AM EDT
Which magazine has the most info about all the ar15 and m16 family of weapons that you can buy at the grocery store. I want to get a subscription but dont know which one is the best!! So Iam calling on all of you to help me!! Thanks BH1!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#1]
This forum will give you more info and photos tha any magazine out there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
There are a few magazines.  I would say that Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement probably runs the most AR15 articles of the grocery store magazines.  Might also try like a Barnes & Noble for a bigger selection of magazines also you may find a couple books you might like.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:34:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This forum will give you more info and photos tha any magazine out there.

+1
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:02:47 AM EDT
[#4]
if you really want a magazine find a back issue of "Book of the AR-15" by Guns&Ammo
it had Display Until January 31, 2006 above the price barcode
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#5]
SWAT

Small Arms Review

Guns and Ammo for Law Enforcement

They have websites you can find out their distribution or just order them.

Look for writers like:
Patrick Rogers and David Fortier -two who either post here or did and are certifiable AR15/M16 SME's
Clint Smith
Mike Venturino
and  Massad Ayoob
are all well respected sources Google search will find their work
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:01:05 AM EDT
[#6]
swat
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#7]
with out a doubt  S.W.A.T. has the most AR related topics and in my opinion it is far and away the best gun mag out and I buy just about every gun mag out there each month
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:05:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Since I found this site I do not buy gun magazines anymore.  Waaaaay more info here.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Guns and American Handgunner are the only two gun magazines I'll spend my money on. For any specific information you're a lot better off here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Since I found this site I do not buy gun magazines anymore.  Waaaaay more info here.  

there is definetly more info here and the info in the mags is usally old news because it is read here first but I just really enjoy sitting back on the couch and reading a gun rag
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#11]
The real problem with Gun Rags is that while they are a great way to pass the time on the can, 1/3 -> 1/2 of what they write is no different than what you are expelling from your body. I think it has a little something to do with advertising dollars and keeping the lights on at the magazine.

The nice thing about this forum is that there are several persons that actually KNOW what they are talking about from a user prospective / builder prospective / and in some cases a scientific prospective.

Precision Shooting Magazine is the only 'gun rag' I have ever truely learned something from; and truthfully unless you are "that" into rifle accuracy - reading it is like watching paint dry.

So for the crapper - I like Small Arms Review. For education, here or PS.

Good luck
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top