Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 4:29:06 AM EDT
just  joined the site, and am puzzled by the dislike a lot of folks seem to have of Olympic arms Ar's, having just purchased one, I was a bit worried until I started seeing some positive posts about the company. The rifle I purchased seems to be a good solid rifle so far. (16" SS R4 profile barrel, flat top, with collapsable stock, A2 carrying handle and JT  1" ring scope mount for $840 including tax)

I have put very few rounds through the weapon so far, but it compares very well in my memory, at any rate, with the colt sporter I owned about 10 years ago. is there quality control problems now, or in the past, that have tarnished the rep of this company? or is it more of the "I'd rather walk than drive a Chevy, Ford, etc" type debate?

later,
Rob
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:34:21 AM EDT
[#1]
for the price i would have got a bushmaster.

but everyone puts out a lemon now and then.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Not much Oly bashing on here lately.  I own a Bushmaster, Olympic and RRA/FNMI combo.  All have performed flawlessly.    Olympic did had a cast receiver tht had problems in the past.  It was corrected years ago and they are fine now.  their  barrels are very good and their match grade barrels excellent.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a link to a 3 page discussion of Oly AR's on my other computer. I will throw it into this thread a bit later.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#4]
oly make a 9mm carbine that takes glock hi cap mags.  

when i have the money im going oly for that reason alone.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a nice rifle in a good configuration!  

FWIW - I've only ever seen and used a couple of Olympic rifle, and they all worked perfectly fine.  No different from my Bushmasters, Armalite, CMMGs, etc.

Some of the bad rep they have may be from the cast receivers they once made, way back when - which people did not like (I've never actually seen one, nor have most people, is my guess).  I think some people may also have had issues with their customer service in the past, which was apparently not the greatest.

If it works fine out of the box, you will likely not have any more problems that any other brand.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top