Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 8:57:59 AM EDT
Uppers ship without the bolt carrier and Charging handle?  I was under the impression you needed the lower reciever and an upper and you have everything you need for a functioning rifle?

I have lower already placing order next week for upper.

Source of question.

ETA:  Question of universality of bolt carrier?  Are they the same?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
???????
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really understanding what your asking....., but you can buy those uppers with or without the b/bc/ch depending on whether ya pick the with or without (or chrome b/bc w/ stand.ch) options.

I see nowhere there where it states they won't ship you the complete upper.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not really understanding what your asking....., but you can buy those uppers with or without the b/bc/ch depending on whether ya pick the with or without (or chrome b/bc w/ stand.ch) options.

Mike

If you do not select a bolt carrier for $85-120, you will still have a functioning weapon?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you do not select a bolt carrier for $85-120, you will still have a functioning weapon?

That option is for guys that already have those spare parts on hand.  You will need those parts.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

As noted above by others, NO, you'll need those if don't already have them.

Most folks this far along in the process would know this, but seems ya still went the long way around the barn in phrasing/wording your original question, hence the confusion above....

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Are bolt carrier assemblies universal?  Does a 16' and 20' use the asme carrier?  

Any advantages to a Chrome carrier?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#8]
yes, as long as it is for a 5.56, as for a chrome carrier, I have never had an all chrome carrier but I assume it is to keep it from corroding.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Are bolt carrier assemblies universal?  Does a 16' and 20' use the asme carrier?  

You have almost 5,000 posts, and you don't know the answer to that?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I didnt even notice the post count. You been staying strictly on the GD forum or something?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's 10-87!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's 10-87!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Easy guys, he may have spent all his time over on the AK side...

Mattl, do some more reading on the AR and soon everything will become familiar to you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First AR, ever, I'm an AK fan generally.  Figured I buy my own eventually but was in no hurry.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top