Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 5:04:52 PM EDT
Is there such a thing as a 15 round magizine that looks like a 20? Like as if a 20 round magazine pinned for only 15 rounds..  15 rounds is max in The Garden State, Aesthetics importiant?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure that it is perfectly legal so don't go try it without knowing for sure. I had a magazine that came with my Bushmaster 20" and had a nice sized dent in near the top of it and it prevented the follower from going down very far. I think it only held 3 rounds. Perhaps you could purchase a 20 or even 30 round magazine and smack it with something or put an object inside of it that would restrict the follower from exceeding 15 rounds.

Again, I'm not positive that this is legal so don't attempt it without knowing for sure.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I have read about magazines and New Jersey law, a twenty or thirty round mag would have to be mechanically/permanently blocked.  Like come from the factory that way.  For now you are stuck with a 10rd mag or fewer.

TS
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Found these in the AR15 magazines section in the EE.

Any joy or not what you're looking for?

I hope it helps,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You could try contacting Remington Firearms.

Their Police Model 7615 Pump .223 accepts AR mags and comes with low profile 10 rnd or 10 rnd blocked 20rnd mag.

Can't find on website, under accessories,  so a call may be in order.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool. I'll look into it. Is it hard to pin my own? Should I attempt to pin a 20 round mag myself if I don't find what I am looking for?
BTW: just got an EOTech 512.... vedy vedy niiiicce..
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Or you could have somebody put Magpul anti-tilt 30 round followers in a 20 round mag.  Doing that limits my mag capacity to 15 but I'm using the bent style LE only 20 round grey teflon mags.  I wish I had some pretty straight ones... so straight and classic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I would buy one of the blocked 15rd ones in the EE and try it out to see how they work...

TS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top