Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:31:51 PM EDT
I e-mailed Bushmaster a bought their 1/7 barrels and received this in response.  

We manufacture the 20" A2 government barrels http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/barrel-assemblies/abbl-20a2.asp in 1 X 9 and 1 X 7 twist as well as the 14.5" M4 barrels available with permanently attached Izzy, Phantom or Phantom 2 suppressors to bring them up to 16" legal length. You must specify the 1 X 7 twist when ordering the barreled upper.
           They are the only barrels we offer with the 1 X 7 twist as an option at no additional charge.
             Thank you,
             Jim Eden, Tech Support
             1-800-883-6229

+1 For fast response from Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
some of the dealers in the EE/Industry board have bushy 1-7 bbls in stock...just a heads up

and +1 for bushmaster CS
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had anything but good experiences with Bushmaster.

GM
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Never had anything but good experiences with Bushmaster.

GM

+1   for Bushmaster....762
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#4]
i love bushmaster bbls.

gds_enterprise offers most of their line.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup. I have a Bushmaster 20" government profile 1/7 in the safe. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.... but its on a CMT flat top upper.

Great barrel.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster 1/7 is the way to go....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 to all of the above.

Bushmaster barrels are manufactured with a tighter gas port which, with lower pressure ammo, can occasionally jam but I prefer it because it leaves more surface area to stabilize the bullet which makes for greater accuracy.  Plus with a smaller hole, less desbris can get through to crap up your reciever- hey.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
+1 to all of the above.

Bushmaster barrels are manufactured with a tighter gas port which, with lower pressure ammo, can occasionally jam but I prefer it because it leaves more surface area to stabilize the bullet which makes for greater accuracy.  Plus with a smaller hole, less desbris can get through to crap up your reciever- hey.

i've heard bushmaster is usually over gassed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Cat. No. for Bushy M4gery  14.5 inch + izzy Twist 1 turn in 9 is BCWA(2 or 3)F 14M4 IZ.  

Cat No. for Bushy M4gery  16 inch +A2 Twist 1 turn in 9 is BCWA(2 or 3)F 16M4.

What are the Cat. No.s for the same models except Twist 1 turn in 7?

Edit:  These cat. no.s were taken from the catalog 2006 V.1.   There may be later catalog listings, but they do not show up on their dealer lists that I have checked currently.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Bushmaster barrels are manufactured with a tighter gas port which, with lower pressure ammo, can occasionally jam .

None of my 5 Bushy barrels (from 14.5" to 20") has EVER had a problem with low pressure ammo.  Of those that I have removed the FSB (3) the gas port diameter has always been within specs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 to all of the above.

i've heard bushmaster is usually over gassed.

I have mever had that problem with any of the 20+ Bushmaster barrels I have owned.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top