Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:24:45 PM EDT
ive been trolling this forum for a while, and just now bought my first ar, i got a bushmaster m4a3, ive only put 60 rds through it and it functioned absolutley flawless. I cant wait to buy some accessories for it!
oh btw where is the best place to buy magazines?, i looked at a local gun shop and the ones they had were horrible, they had really shitty looking black followers, they just looked cheap and they wanted $20 for them.

thanks

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/jason85/IMG_1028.jpg
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats on ur first ar.....shoot the piss outta it ummm best place to get mil-spec mags would be 44mag.com......they normally have some really good deals! CONGRATS AND POST SOME PIX B4 THE PIC WHORES GET AFTER YOU ABOUT STARTING THIS THREAD W/ NO PIX HEHE

HAVE FUN AND STAY SAFE!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Try the EE or Tapco for mags.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
44mag.com has good price for mags.  9.97 for a 30 round grey teflon mag is good in my book.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Where is the picture?

Oh, Congratulations on your first one!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought some from 44mag.com.

Great prices, quick shipping. I got the black teflon with grey magpul followers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]

44mag has the best prices on up-to-date USGI mags!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
+87 for 44mag.com I just got 18!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]
just got back from a gun shop and bought 4 used usgi mags and ammo, cant wait to go shooting tomorrow!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
just got back from a gun shop and bought 4 used usgi mags and ammo, cant wait to go shooting tomorrow!

I hope you did not pay to much for them!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered three of the black teflon mags off 44mag, odering went fine, I'll post results when they arrive...
(I just got my first AR too, DPMS that I found at the gun show for a good price. Life is grand!)
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#11]
yup get your mags at 44mag.com.  Get some pix posted and gratz.  There is nothing in this world like an AR!!!!!  Sad thing is it won't be your last.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats, it should be a good one!
I remember my first one, I crawled around GI style for weeks with that thing. . . . I have had her slung beside me every  weekend for the past yeear now. . .  .
I just bought  my first Bushy last weekend!

I bought mags here on the Equipment Exchange, they are flawless and I love them.
Try your local guns shows as well.

Congrats. . . .  it won't be your only AR-15. . . .  it grows like a plague in your brain now. . . .  especially if you hang out with these guys all the time.. . .  they know everything and they don't ever say "nah you don't need that part, or you don't really need another gun. . . .  and never EVER will you see the words "you should listen to your wife" on here either LOL!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I feel so sorry for you. You are now hopelessly infected with BRD for which there is no known cure. Your only hope is to buy as many black rifles as you can afford, more if possible, stockpile hundred of magazines and untold thousands of rounds of ammo. I too started out like you and now I'm on my second safe in a gunroom piled high with 2 of everything in the Midway USA catalog. We meet in our 12 step program group regularly.

btw, congrats on your first black rifle. more will follow.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Congratulations but "this thread is worthless without pics".

For magazines, Bravo Company USA in the Equipment Exchange has mags for $8.59 per mag if you buy a 10-pack.  Seems shipping was also cheap but I don't see it in the ad.  ETA: 2nd page of ad, towards the bottom in response to a question about shipping, it's $5.95.  

They're also in Wisconsin so they aren't too far away from you.

Good luck and happy shooting,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
C Products makes some very nice mags.  You can get them here in the EE: EE Thread
From them directly: CProducts
or at 44mag.com: CProducts at 44mag

TS
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#16]
ENJOY

and take a long last look at the $$ in your wallet

--VT
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Oh, and congrats!

Gene
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
yup get your mags at 44mag.com.  Get some pix posted and gratz.  There is nothing in this world like an AR!!!!!  Sad thing is it won't be your last.  

crazy child thats not a sad thing at all!  I got my firs AR like a whole 8 months ago and I haven't had the funds to acquire another :(.  Also a side effect of BRD is a strange obsession to whore as much ammo as possible in conventiently transported cases also packed with dehydrated food and other supplies necesary for survival when the SHTF arrives.  Just thought i'd give you a heads-up, at first I didn't recognize the symptoms.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

44mag has the best prices on up-to-date USGI mags!

+1 on 44mag, awesome AR
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#21]
w00t!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#22]
That just looks yummy.

Thanks for the pic.

What'd they end up charging you on the mags?

Scott
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Just picked up 40 more mags from Tapco. They have a special if you join there hot list for 5mags for $50. Orders over $200 free shiping and you'll get a free simi-cool t-shirt...........
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#24]
i overpaid for the mags, it was too hard not to buy them when they were right in front of me, i loaded 30 in each one today and they all functioned great, i need to start buying ammo in bulk, buying by the box is getting expensive!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I pruchased some mags from www.magpul.com with enhanced followers and ranger base plates.  They are great mags.

I also have some HK Maritime magazines.  These are the best that you can get, but don't see the need to have something that good or expensive.  Personally, I look at it like, some people don't think you need an AR when a pistol will do...  or a H1 Hummer vs. an El Camino.

If you have a chance, get a GI mag, a GI mag with Magpul follower and a HK Maritime mag and compare them yourself.

Hardwarz
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
i overpaid for the mags, it was too hard not to buy them when they were right in front of me, i loaded 30 in each one today and they all functioned great, i need to start buying ammo in bulk, buying by the box is getting expensive!

Just be sure u know what bulk you are buying.  If it's army 3rds, dont touch it.  If it's loosely packed, dont touch it.  If it has never seen a rigid container per lot, dont touch it unless its Guatemalan bulk or South African bulk.  No ammo made by Wolf should be considered fit for hunting or any activity where high quality, consistent, and clean-shooting loads are required.  However Wolf is fine for plinking and contrary to the opinions of some, the steel cases will take their toll about 40,000 rounds after your barrel needs replacing anyway.

Those rules are fairly general but will keep you safe from damaging products in the long run.  However thats just my .02 cents and for more detailed, accurate, and useful imformation on ammo consult the ammo oracle.

EDIT: eeew stay away from those USGI mags.  Comparing them to the HK mags is like comparing an AR to a packet of peanuts-- it just isnt fair to the USGI mags/peanuts.  But yes the HK mags are very very very nice.  However for economic practicality stick to the teflon coated mags with Magpul followers and ranger plates and throw in silicon wire springs if they aren't in there already.  After those upgrades the HK mag will be just as nice in stead of superior, finish and exterior looks aside.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top