User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 11:19:11 AM EDT
Is this possible?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure but I'm thinking it would turn your pistol into a SBR... But I bet one of the experts will chime in shortly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The problem with what you are asking is that most pistoned AR's still use the buffer spring and buffer so you still need the buffer tube. There are only two ways that I know of to get a folding stock on an AR is the Olympic OA93 (not sure how it works), or the ZM Weapons (not a piston despite popular belief). These get rid of the buffer tube. As for SBR status, on weapons with folding stocks length is measured with the stock extended.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The answer is no.   The gas piston has nothing to do with the recoil spring which is in the stock.   If you want a folding stock, you need to relocate the recoil spring (like the ZM upper does).
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I can tell you POF piston systems use a standard car or rifle buffer and spring..
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Why is everyone saying it would need a tax stamp?  

He is asking about a pistoN not a pistoL, ENGLISH DO YOU READ IT MUTHA FUCKAS
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Asking us to pay attention is asking alot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top