Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 3:46:30 AM EDT
Just wondered if anyone has samples or is doing this pattern on any rifles. How about the new ACU? I may attempt the process myself, just wondered if anyone else has done some camo painting on their own rifles, pics sharing would be real cool;)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#1]
dam i was just thinkin im  gonna start to try to get some patterns for this myself when i see this tag for answer
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Pro camo painting link: www.larsontactical.com/index.html

Paint & templates link: www.lauerweaponry.com/

Templates link: www.bulldogarms.com/
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#3]
ive tried to go to lauers web site 20 times and every time i open the page my browser shuts down WTF
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a link a month or two ago from a guy who did an ACU gun. I have a digital pattern on mine but I wasn't trying to reproduce ACU or Multi cam.

Bomber

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah there also that guy who painted his gun multicam, and did an awesome job, but I think he posted pictures of him shooting it without a rear sight and took some flak.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#6]

They sell a whole kit to do it like that with the templates, duracoat, etc.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#8]
yeh but i can do my own, any one can do a one off of a project ....for art  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I know it is copyrighted so I am sure that is an issue.

Probably a desert marpat would do as well and just add some green into it. MM did one in DM and it looks really good, just don't have the nerve to do something like that to one of my AR's. Even if I had a cheapy to do it too and it turned out great, I would worry that I would FU the good one, ya know.

ACU just doesn't seem to do well in anything other than a desert enviroment far as I can tell. Least mulitcam blends well out here in NE, even when it is summer, it seems to do pretty well. ACU sticks out like a sore thumb in the corn fields.

I think I saw that Multicam rifle that someone painted, seems it was on display and/or that was what the pics looked like. I'm actually kinda torn, as I don't want to spend $400 to have a my rifle painted, but too scared to Krylon it either. Guess I could do the duracoat....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#11]
its realy easy heres one i did last week

just make sure you have it well degreased  i drop mine in acatone worked great for the metal dont recomend that for plastic thou also make sure to use matte clear
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#12]

It's not mine, and I forget the member who did the work. But it looks pretty freaking well done!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep I would say that is pretty damn close. The tan/reddish color is a little off, however the rest along with the pattern is right on the money. Thanks for the post!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's one Rich did at CGWguns.com :
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top