Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:12:54 PM EDT
What is the best way to remove the sear block from my Colt 6920 lower? I have the basic Dremel/Drill Press stuff but I don't want it to look like tried to scrape it out with a damn spoon or something. BTW who makes the Colt lowers?

TIA
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt that you will be able to dremel it out. It is hardened, real hard.
But Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
A bridgeport milling machine and a carbide end mill
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]
ADCO???

TS
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It can be easily removed with a Dremel and a cutoff wheel(or two). Just cut into the block itself as close to the side as you dare to get, you have to cut both sides and cut down past the level of the pin. There is also a roll pin that sticks up into the bottom of the block so you will have to rock it back and forth a bit to get it out. Not hard at all. Have fun.
After the offending object was removed

Where the pin used to be, I will put the heads of the pin back in the holes someday

the heads of the pin
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Never heard of a pinned in sear block in a 6920.  How low of a serial number is it?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not the pinned sear. The 6920 has the web that is part of the lower.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's not the pinned sear. The 6920 has the web that is part of the lower.

If you want a clean smooth looking finish afterwards, then you should have it removed by a machinist that has a milling machine...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]
A milling machine is not required if you have the old sear block that is held in with pins. I have removed two with a dremil and the pins stay in place. There is no damage to the reciever, and you cant tell from the outside. Here is the link to the directions from the archive.
I'm not sure that you can see it if you're not a member due to the thread being old.

LOOK HERE
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A milling machine is not required if you have the old sear block that is held in with pins. I have removed two with a dremil and the pins stay in place. There is no damage to the reciever, and you cant tell from the outside. Here is the link to the directions from the archive.
I'm not sure that you can see it if you're not a member due to the thread being old.

LOOK HERE

Evidently, you didn't fully read the whole thread... Or maybe you did and just dont know anything about the 6920 or 6721 LE models...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
If it had the pinned block I wouldn't be writing this and it would have already been out. It has the unmachined area that is part of the lower. Some people refer to it as a web.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry I misunderstood your request and excuse me for trying to help.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top