Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 6:43:28 AM EDT
I have a DPMS high-rise upper with dpms barrel.  I would like to use the barrel in a new a4 flat top receiver.  Is there an issue with the feedramp?  I thought I read that there would be a compatability issue somewhere.  I'd really like to use my current barrel if possible.

Thanks,

Zach
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Only problem I can think of is if one or the other has M4 feed ramps.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I am a rookie at AR's, how would I know if the barrel has a feed ramp?  I can order the receiver any way that i want to.

Thanks for the ehlp,

Zach
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I have absolutely no pics of M4 feed ramps to help you out, but I bet someone will chime in here real quick and bail me out!  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#4]
What am I looking for?  Do I want both to either have or not have the feed ramp or is the goal to have one of each?  

Is there an easy way to look at my current barel withut dissassembly?

Thanks,

Zach
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, here you go, I bailed myself out with a quick Google search!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=191733
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link.  Am I correct hat if you don't have a barrel with feed ramp cuts, then you do not get a receiver with ramps cut?  You get either with/with or without/without?

Thanks,

Zach
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the link.  Am I correct hat if you don't have a barrel with feed ramp cuts, then you do not get a receiver with ramps cut?  You get either with/with or without/without?

Thanks,

Zach

That's it in a nut shell. Kinda hard to explain with out pics. Hope that clears everything up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top