Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:05:58 AM EDT
i have a 16" hbar II heavy barrel....the compensator is blind pinned on all four sides....do i just use an allen wrench to remove the pins and then unscrew this???

would this allow me to screw either a phantom or vortex on afterwards and that would be all i would have to do?  did a search all over the net and on here and all i got was how to remove muzzle breaks on airsofts....so i didn't have much luck.

a link on how to do this would be great or if someone could fill me in.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure theres a way you could do it, but my expertise would tell me to send it to ADCO and have hime remove it and reinstal the FH you wanted...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
IF it is blind pinned then what do you expect to use the allen wrenches for?  Blind pinning is a method of permanent attachement.

Now if your device is using SET SCREWs then you can use the allen wrench to remove the device - then you'd need to send your upper out so your barrel can be threaded.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IF it is blind pinned then what do you expect to use the allen wrenches for?  Blind pinning is a method of permanent attachement.

Now if your device is using SET SCREWs then you can use the allen wrench to remove the device - then you'd need to send your upper out so your barrel can be threaded.

Yea sounds like what he is talking about is the latter of the two.... If thats the case, take it off and ship it of to adco to get that bad boy threaded!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If his rifle is simular to my colt hbar when I got it , he's prob got a post ban compensator  held on by allen screws  ,  I sent my barrel off & got it threaded.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
okay thanks guys...yes it's got set screws so it looks like i'm gonna be sending it to adco to get it threaded!!! thanks for the replies....i was told this was blind pinned but i guess i was misinformed...i really wasn't for sure whether or not the barrel was threaded or not so i guess i know now! thanks again guys!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top