Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 11:21:02 AM EDT
I am thinking about choosing the surefire handguard, on a midlength, mainly because of ease of installation and I do not have a need to FF. While I have read up on the specs of it, the one thing I would like to know is for those who own one, or have handled one , in the midlength configuration:

How does it feel in terms of balance? Since they are heavier than Daniel Defense, does it make it everything feel front heavy? ( I won't be tossing in tons of furniture on the rails, if anything maybe a vertical grip, but that would be all).

Thanks,
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an M81 and my barrel is gov profile.  it feels fine to me.  if your barrel is hbar, it's gonna be pretty heavy...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Puff,

Are you looking for a rail that is level with the flattop receiver?

This will be for a future build, but being level probably won't matter for me in the long run. I may go with EOtech for optics, but I won't be mounting it too far forward.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top