Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 1:16:32 PM EDT
I've been oogling one forever.  It's about 2 grand with 4 rails, Flip ups front and rear, and a nice big white Barrett logo on the side of the mag well.    They worth it?  From everything I've heard they are extremely reliable and accurate just hi dollar
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
extremely reliable and accurate just hi dollar

worth it...
i got a DMPS/FN parts gun for 600 that is like the above.

question is...  is the extra 1400 worth it to you?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

worth is only in the eyes of the beholder

personally, i dont think that it'll be worth it--i'd get Barret's bigger line
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
There are plenty of reasons and way to support barrett without overpaying for an AR15.

Buy a barrett that is worth every penny, like this one

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
you could build on hellavu AR for the 2 grand, and i bet you would be happier with it
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

worth it...

Just a question bro,,,,
.Dual Spring Extractor System---------------------------------------------got to cost $$
·Muzzle Brake --------------------------------------------------------------70.00
barrett magazine------------------------------------------------------------55.00
·Folding Front Sight and Gas Block------------------------------------------110.00
·Two-Stage Trigger-----------RRA?-----------------------------------------130.00
··ARMS® Selective Integrated Rail (SIR) System Fore End-------------------310.00
·ARMS® Folding Rear Sight--------------------------------------------------110.00
High quality standard butt stock , buffer,spring-------------------------------75.00
                                          THAT EQUALS A GRAND TOTAL OF--------------thats $860.00
in parts alone , you still need a barrell,upper,B/C/G, barrett quality lower,the triger i mentioned abouve is an RRA i would bet that barrett uses a higher quality triger group, and it is 2 stage.

so i  would love to know how YOUR $600.00 setup is going to be the same. you are getting allot of part there,

not a serman just a thought

P.S   the upper alone with B/C/G is 1,500 MSRP  slap that on your lower and you are done. so if you want that setup with the rail etc etc etc buy a high quality barreled upper and slap those parts on it and its still going to cost you approx 1,500.00   in 6.8 cal

Hanna Chakarji
bro if you got the $,$$$   do it   but if you want other parts on it just build your own

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been wanting to build a RRA but with this new job, I won't have time.  Out 17 days home 2 if I only want to make 35 a year.  I'll most likely be out 30-45 home 2-3  I like money.  And since I'm not even allowed to have pepper spray on the truck I dunno.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
may not be overpriced for the parts and quality, but come on TWO thousand dollars for an AR-15? You'd have more fun building something cheaper to your specs, doesn't have to be the barretized shiz-nit
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I wasn't aware of a Barret AR chambered in 5.56 only the 6.8

Seeing as how it doesn't appear that the U.S. is going to adopt the round I'd question the purchase of it.

Not to mention that I'm kind of partial to the 6.5
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
It's 6.8  I wish I had the time for a build, but I won't.  I'll barely have time to shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Noveske and Leitner-Wise offer better options in that caliber.  MSTN is another choice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Noveske and Leitner-Wise offer better options in that caliber.  MSTN is another choice.

MSTN is the only choice currently in that caliber for a DI gun. IMHO. The LW 6.8SPC looks very interesting, but I will probably wait to see what Colt does with their 1020. I do like the monothic rails of my MRPs. They will be going to 6.8SPC...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MSTN is the only choice currently in that caliber for a DI gun. IMHO. The LW 6.8SPC looks very interesting, but I will probably wait to see what Colt does with their 1020. I do like the monothic rails of my MRPs. They will be going to 6.8SPC...

I know that Noveske offers the parts, if not the assemblies.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that Noveske offers the parts, if not the assemblies.

We will see how this unfolds. I know Noveske offers parts, it is the final assembly I refer to (spelled reliablity) . MSTN has been the best in class.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
MSTN has been the best in class.

Amen.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone will have to educate me on MSTN
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

worth it...

Just a question bro,,,,
.Dual Spring Extractor System---------------------------------------------got to cost $$
·Muzzle Brake --------------------------------------------------------------70.00
barrett magazine------------------------------------------------------------55.00
·Folding Front Sight and Gas Block------------------------------------------110.00
·Two-Stage Trigger-----------RRA?-----------------------------------------130.00
··ARMS® Selective Integrated Rail (SIR) System Fore End-------------------310.00
·ARMS® Folding Rear Sight--------------------------------------------------110.00
High quality standard butt stock , buffer,spring-------------------------------75.00
in parts alone , you still need a barrell,upper,B/C/G, barrett quality lower,the triger i mentioned abouve is an RRA i would bet that barrett uses a higher quality triger group, and it is 2 stage.

so i  would love to know how YOUR $600.00 setup is going to be the same. you are getting allot of part there,

P.S   the upper alone with B/C/G is 1,500 MSRP  slap that on your lower and you are done. so if you want that setup with the rail etc etc etc buy a high quality barreled upper and slap those parts on it and its still going to cost you approx 1,500.00   in 6.8 cal
Hanna Chakarji
bro if you got the $,$$$   do it   but if you want other parts on it just build your own

but what does all that buy you. when you are looking for a reliable rifle?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#17]
If I had the money to blow, I'd buy one just to support Ronnie Barret. There's not very many gun makers standing in line to stop selling to Kali like Ronnie did. Even then, he found a way around it

He had to have made that .416 just to piss off Kali legialature. Good on ya' Mr. Barret.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm just waiting for a .416 caliber round in a 20mm case. Really piss off the liberals. 400 grains travelling at 4000 fps.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Someone will have to educate me on MSTN

Wes Grant, in the industry section, does business as MSTN.  He sells only the finest in weapons and accessories.  He doesn't have as wide a selection as some vendors, but everything he sells works, and his customer service is legendary.  His precision uppers are probably the best on the market, and his LMT uppers are a great deal too.  I could say more, but why don't ya'll order something and see for yourselves.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

worth it...

Just a question bro,,,,

Hanna Chakarji

but what does all that buy you. when you are looking for a reliable rifle?

well i would say that Barrett would be as reliable as they get,,,,, at least the US armed forces seem to think so.. it will have some of the best coponent and parts groupings of any gun out there  .$ for $ i would say id trust it 10 more than my RRA if my life or the life of people im protecting were on the line...

just my thought
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#21]
How's a guy in a truck supposed to find time to research all this lol?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
what about ammom availability? I was under the impression that remington had mysteriously quit making the 6.8 round & Barrett was making thier own. I think it was pretty steep for a box of 20. could be wrong though.hinking.gif
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top