Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 9:58:43 PM EDT
I am planning to get my 20" HBAR Bushmaster cut down to Government Profile by ADCO. I don't know how to remove the barrel though so I am going to send the entire Upper Receiver and pay the $50 disassembly/reassembly fee.

So now for my question. When I ship the Upper Receiver, how do I send it? Just get a cardboard box and stick the Upper in it? Put my Upper into the Bushy carrying case and put that into a cardboard box? Etc.?

Also, do I need to leave the Bolt Carrier Group and Charging Handle in the Upper or keep them with me?

I sent ADCO an e-mail several days ago but haven't had a response.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
put in plastic then in a cardboard box full of those styrofoam peanuts. thats how they ship their uppers out
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I would remove  the handguards, bolt carrier assembly, and charging handle.  Saves on weight when you ship.

If you are able to remove the gas tube and gas tube retaining pin that will make it easier as well.

I believe that you will not have to pay a disassembly/reassembly fee as ADCO should be able to profile your barrel without removing the upper receiver (if I'm not mistaken).  

When it's done, just reinstall your gas tube, gas tube retaining pin, and handguards and you should be good to go.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I wrapped the entire upper (bolt carrier and handguards still on) in bubble wrap then put it in a cardboard box.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:52:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So now for my question. When I ship the Upper Receiver, how do I send it? Just get a cardboard box and stick the Upper in it? Put my Upper into the Bushy carrying case and put that into a cardboard box? Etc.?

Either of thos options will be fine.  Since you wil be paying to ship it to me, it would be cheaper to send it in the smallest, lightest box you can.

Sorry about not getting your email, it must have slipped through the cracks

No problem. What about the bolt carrier, charging handle, and handguards?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
When I sent my upper to ADCO I kept all those items at home.
No sense in sending anything extra in the mail.
They use a triangle USPS mailer box to send it back to you.
I would send your upper to them in the same thing.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
You will be most satisfied with Steve's work. I had him turn down my BM HBAR 14.5 barrel down to a govt. profile with M4 cuts. Best upper I have ever owned with that barrel and totally reliable. Now if those Vltor VIS's come in.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I am a big fan of ADCO.

This is my AR10t Carbine.  ADCO did the following -

Removed the old break
Fluted the Barrel (Full length)
Bead blasted the SS barrel
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to a local gun store and mooched a box from a Stoeger coach gun, wrapped my upper in bubble wrap, then sent it off.  A little bigger than it had to be, but it got there just fine, and ADCO did excellent work.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top