BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:49:45 AM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=329349
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it to me.  The MMA forge coded one is a very early Colt's carry handle, notice it is made from a different forging then what is used today.  The contact points when mounted is also different on a MMA carry handle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
If you measure from the bottom of the carry handle to the rear sight shelf and the measurement is .840" +/- .005" then it is genuine.

If it is .800 +/- .005", then it is aftermarket.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't mind me, I'm just tagging along to measure my CHs later.

link made hot too www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=329349
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you measure from the bottom of the carry handle to the rear sight shelf and the measurement is .840" +/- .005" then it is genuine.

That is the best way I know to ID them, but that don't work on the MMA carry handles, they are cut different, the bottom of the carry handle does not contact the top of the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the best way I know to ID them, but that don't work on the MMA carry handles, they are cut different, the bottom of the carry handle does not contact the top of the receiver.

you mean that's the way to tell if they are COLT or non-COLT.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you mean that's the way to tell if they are COLT or non-COLT.  

Kinda, that is the best was I know of to determine if a carry handle is USGI/Colt/FN or not.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I really don't care if its a colt or not ...just don't want chicom ect.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, if they are the real thing, they are MIL-SPEC / Colts, so you will need the taller front post, or the F FSB, or flip up iron sights, or the detach front sight. The Leapers DCHs copy the Colts, so they're "mil-spec" and require the taller front post / F FSB / etc...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a detatchable front sight.. I'm pretty certain it's an RRA or DPMS...they look identical / with the weaver type railed gas block...do you think I'll have any problems with this setup?
Can it be corrected without having to go thru childbirth to correct it with what I already have?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top