Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:08:51 PM EDT
I ordered some full length handguard covers for my AR and I can't get them on....any tips
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
what kind/brand? ladder style or the pannels?

they should either slip on or snap on....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I find it is easiest to get one side on and then try to bend them "open" while pushing them down onto the other side.  If done correctly, it will snap onto the othe side of the rail everytime.  I have never had good luck just trying to push them down flat onto both rails at once.  I use Tango Down rail covers and them do seem to be a little "softer" material than others, however.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered mine from wilson and they are the panles.  They don't bend real easy.  I figured maybe if i put them in the oven for about 5 minutes on 200 they might soften up
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top