Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:04:54 PM EDT
Alright let's have it!  When will it be available to us regular joes?  Someone must ask the KAC boys!

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Right after they start selling URX equipped rifles to civilians on a large scale basis.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck, I would be happy if I could get one of their flip-up front BUIS\gas blocks that gets installed with taper pins.  I would love to make a SAM-R clone but I just can't get comfortable with front sights being held on with set screws. The only other one I'm aware of is the GG&G unit which would suit me just fine but I don't know if they even make it any more but if they do, they are just as hard (and damn near as expensive) to find as the KAC model.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
GG&G still make their folding sight that is pinned in.  I have the same feeling about set screws and when I saw the new ad for the screw version of the GG&G sight I called and asked if they were going to keep the pinned version.   My Warror barrel from Denny is at GG&G right now waiting for a front sight .
Dave
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I've heard, no new news at SHOT… With that being said, keep a watchful eye on the EE...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the just recently received my GG&G pinned front gas block and GG&G did a great job of installing the sight. The front sight locks up with no wiggle like most front flip up front sights. I have it installed on a 14.5" Bushy M4 barrel with a perm attached Smith Vortex. GG&G makes a great product.

8416w
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the just recently received my GG&G pinned front gas block and GG&G did a great job of installing the sight.

Can I ask what they charge for that? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have the just recently received my GG&G pinned front gas block and GG&G did a great job of installing the sight. The front sight locks up with no wiggle like most front flip up front sights. I have it installed on a 14.5" Bushy M4 barrel with a perm attached Smith Vortex. GG&G makes a great product.

8416w

UM..... URX?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

UM..... URX?

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=249370

(It is archive linked. Not sure, may require team status to open it)

the URX is a Knights (KAC) rail system
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:52:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the URX is a Knights (KAC) rail system

Hmmmm  "Alright let's have it! When will it be available to us regular joes? Someone must ask the KAC boys!"  

Cheers
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top