Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2006 3:39:56 PM EDT
UPS took my package back cause noone was at my house to sign for it.  It's irritating, but I'm glad they do it at the same time.  I decided to go to the UPS office and see if I could get my package when the truck came back.  Turns out the driver was there, so I signed after showing I.D., and came back home.

I pulled the 16" chrome-lined government contoured Sabre Defence Carbine barrel out of the package, and was very, very pleased.  Unfortunately, I have to wait for Eagle Firearms to reopen so I can get their new address so I can send it off to have shortened to 14.7" and have an A2 flashhider perm installed.  I would send it to ADCO, but I can save $20 if I send to Eagle.  Not to mention I need to buy a few things from Eagle anyways...

This Barrel is going to be put on a RRA upper and then put on a RRA lower, for the ultimate RRA rifle!

I will post pics when I get the upper built, just thought I'd tease you guys a bit before I do...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sabre makes some really nice stuff.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
When did eagle start doing gunsmithing work? Its good to see that they do, Chris is great and has been more than helpful with me in the past.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When did eagle start doing gunsmithing work? Its good to see that they do, Chris is great and has been more than helpful with me in the past.

I'm not for sure really, but it's one of his tabs on his website.  If your looking for a place that does the work cheaper than ADCO, Eagle is where to go.  For instance, Eagle only charges $10 if they have to disassemble your upper, ADCO charges $50.  

I'm going to have to pay $70 for the work I need done, ADCO will do it for $90...

Don't get me wrong, ADCO is a great place to do business, and I think Eagle doesn't contour barrels like ADCO, so it looks like they both have something good to offer.  I'm just glad there's good competition out there.

Once my barrel is back, I'll be sure to show you pics of the work Eagle is capable of.  I trust it will be just as good as ADCO.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

They've been doing it for awhile.  I had them build an upper out of Bushy and RRA parts for me in June of '04.  Gun runs like a top!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]
It looks like the work would only cost you $60 at AR15barrels.com.
Shorten barrel and thread muzzle, $40
Permanatley attach muzzle device, $20
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top