Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 4:21:04 PM EDT
Have to resort to a rifle rest at the range to see what's working and what's not. Have used a Sinclair Rest, the Wichita is cheaper and looks OK but have never laid my hands on one. The Target Shooting, Inc. Model 500 looks cool but have never seen one. Any input from those whom have used or seen different models would be appreciated. Seems like by the time you buy a decent one you'll have spent 250 to 300...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
This one works for me:
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Sandbag

- Ice
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This one works for me:
www.odcmp.com/Photos/05/RifleNTI/01_std.jpg

Man I wish I had a range like that around here
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
SWO_Daddy, would you take me to the range with you?

I'd be laying in a frozen mud puddle if I tried that where I shoot!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This one works for me:
www.odcmp.com/Photos/05/RifleNTI/01_std.jpg

Man I wish I had a range like that around here

How far are you from Quantico, VA, Fort Meade, or Bridgeville, DE?

They all have Highpower programs and 600 yard ranges like the one above.  That's the 600 yard line at Rodriguez Range, Camp Perry, Ohio, BTW.

Fort Meade match dates
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club match schedule
Quantico Shooting Club schedule
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I live 20 minutes away from FT. Meade
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
SWO_Daddy, would you take me to the range with you?

I'd be laying in a frozen mud puddle if I tried that where I shoot!

You can come to Ohio.  That's Camp Perry, home of the Highpower nationals.  Plus my home club just east of Cincinnati is also a 200/300/600 yd range.

Or you can check here closer to home.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There you go...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There you go...

No shit, I never even though of them having a range there. Don't you need to be in the military to get on base though? I just wish there was a public range around that had targets out to 1,000 yds.  I would like to get into some long range bolt gun shooting, that would help justify buying a .308 sniper rifle
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There you go...

No shit, I never even though of them having a range there. Don't you need to be in the military to get on base though? I just wish there was a public range around that had targets out to 1,000 yds.  I would like to get into some long range bolt gun shooting, that would help justify buying a .308 sniper rifle

You do not need to be in the military to shoot on military bases.  You do need to be signed up for an organized highpower match to shoot there, as that is about the only way civilians get to use them.  Read the info in the Fort Meade link I posted.

I routinely shoot at Camp Perry (Ohio National Guard) and Camp Atterbury (Indiana National Guard).
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#11]
SWO_Daddy....

Where near Cincinnati?  I'm in Indy, would enjoy doing a bit of traveling with my High Power shooting when the season starts again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
SWO_Daddy....

Where near Cincinnati?  I'm in Indy, would enjoy doing a bit of traveling with my High Power shooting when the season starts again.

Here
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks.... I appreciate the link as well.....  NICE range
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thanks.... I appreciate the link as well.....  NICE range

Check your e-mail.

The rest of the schedule should be up soon, but as a rule we have an approved RMC the first Sunday of the month, except July, October, and November.  

The 1st Sunday in July and November are 3 X 600s.  The July RMC is moved to the last Sunday, as a Perry warmup.  The October RMC is moved to the 1st Saturday of October (or the last Saturday of September) and the 1st Sunday of October is a CMP EIC match.

We also have non-approved, practice NMC matches the first Sunday of December through March and an offhand/600 prone the third Sunday of the month.  

So if you want to shoot in the offseason, we are the place to go.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top