Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 11:16:30 PM EDT
...I have been ARless for about a year now and once again have the funds to buy a fresh beautiful M4 type rifle. The needs:

1. 14.5 or 16 in. (14.5 will need the permanent FH or whatnot)
2. No carry handle, flat top and i mean i do not want to buy the rifle with the carry handle
3. I would prefer it came without handguards but if need be the cheapest will work.
4. Stock doesnt have to be there if i can take a few bucks off by not having it included i am fine with that.
5. Forged receivers of course. I won't go the cast or non metal route no matter what.
6. As low a price as possible for all of the above.

Other then that i am good. Of course i it is actually cheaper to just buy a rifle with all the parts above then fine but i will only take them off and replace them with other parts. I suck hardcore at finding deals (ask my wife) and am on a fairly low budget since my wifes 6 months pregnant. This is basically my last good toy for a year or so.

Any help you fellas can muster will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Look on the EE. Good place to start.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#2]
....or order a kit or just the upper.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:17:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you take the 14½ inch upper and SBR it?

As I often shoot an 11½ inch upper I can tell you that they are more accurate than you can believe.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to the EE.

Buy a stripped lower, a LPK, a BCG, and an M4 barreled upper.

- The stripped GTS lower is top quality forged made by CMT for $104 from Denny's Guns
- A CMT LPK is about $63 from multiple sources such as Denny's Guns, Bravo Company USA, and G&R Tactical
- A CMT BCG is about $124 from the same sources
- BCM M4 uppers sans carry handle and handguards are running at $399 right now from the same and other sources

Total price for these top quality components is $690.  

You can go cheaper, but YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Gigglesmith  would rather have some sort of rifle now and worry about it down the line then have to wait for the paperworl to go through.

Whats the word on Stagarms Uppers? I see in SGN they have one with a ARMS rear sight? Would there be any harm in putting that on a DPMS lower?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you have a rough idea of what you can spend for the above mentioned weapon?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#7]
check with CMMG.  They have kick butt uppers(14.7 w/perm FS and 16" M4 styles)  they will take off some cost for No handguards and such, and I have had great results this them.

Tex78
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Gigglesmith  would rather have some sort of rifle now and worry about it down the line then have to wait for the paperworl to go through.

Whats the word on Stagarms Uppers? I see in SGN they have one with a ARMS rear sight? Would there be any harm in putting that on a DPMS lower?

Stag is the house brand for CMT. I have one of their uppers. Shouldn't be any probs putting it on a DPMS lower. I put mine on my DPMS lower one day just because I was bored, and it fit fine. Stag is "mil-spec" ("F" marked FSB, etc.) if that matters to you. You'll be hard pressed to get many guys here to say a lot of negative things about Stag. Most really like their stuff.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Stag M4 complete upper w/ A.R.M.S. BUIS $475
AIM

Pick up a Stag complete lower on the ee here for ~$150 without stock or ~$220 with stock

That's what I'd suggest
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top