Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2006 5:17:57 AM EDT
I went to a gun show over the weekend and scored a Bushmaster M-4 style stock for a pittance.  I figured I had found a real bargain and decided to snag it before someone else did.

In my haste I didn't realize it was a fixed-length stock.  Yeah, I know, caveat emptor and all that.  Now I want to try and salvage my mistake.

If I can get the necessary hardware, it doesn't look like it would be very difficult to make it a functional adjustable-length stock.  Remove the pins, drill some holes, etc.

Any suggestions before I start butchering on it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
How much did you pay for it? Just curious...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
For awhile after the ban ended, Adco was putting together kits with all the necessary parts to convert from a neutered stock to a fully functioning one. Might want to shoot Steve an e-mail to see if he still is and what the price is. I did the same thing you did (well, knowingly purchased a fixed M4 stock) and Adco's kit worked just fine.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

$20.

Seemed like a good deal at the time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$20.

Seemed like a good deal at the time.

If its complete with spring and buffer it is a helluva deal.

And if you dont want it, I bet someone would give you your money and pay shippping.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I went to a gun show over the weekend and scored a Bushmaster M-4 style stock for a pittance.  I figured I had found a real bargain and decided to snag it before someone else did.

In my haste I didn't realize it was a fixed-length stock.  Yeah, I know, caveat emptor and all that.  Now I want to try and salvage my mistake.

If I can get the necessary hardware, it doesn't look like it would be very difficult to make it a functional adjustable-length stock.  Remove the pins, drill some holes, etc.

don't waste your time, sell it and buy a real one
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah, don't.  The BM fixed 'telestock' used a full length receiver extension and buffer system.  If you cut it down it will have an open end.

You're best bet is to sell it on the EE (guys in the ban states (NY, NJ etc.. buy them).

Adco or Bravo used to sell a convesion kit - but honestly you're better off selling it and getting a CMT stock from Grant at G&R Tactical.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The DPMS one I have is not only pinned but looks like it has epoxy in it also.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top