Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 2:14:31 PM EDT
Anybody know?  It does not matter if it gets destroyed, I won't need it anymore.  Thanx.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally, it's pretty easy if you make sure to push them the right direction.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a 3/32" nail set and a decent hammer (say 16-ounce or so) to drive the taper pins out. They'll drive out left to right, which is the same direction that the takedown pins pull out. Support the front sight base on either a board, or place a 4mm socket directly under each pin as you drive them out. The pins will go right into the socket.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If you plan on removing sight post a lot the Brownells Bench Block is a great tool to have.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanx, I knew I could count on you guys.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top