Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 8:18:02 AM EDT
Sorry for the, no doubt, newbie question.

I was looking at a Centerfire Systems flyer and they have ARs built by "double Star". I am unfamiliar with the name. Any skinny that you can give would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Do the Double Star lowers have the high shelf or the low shelf on them?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I don't understand the question. They say they are Milspec. I am new to ARs. Although I shot them a ton in the Army and NG.
I have My 01 ffl and figured that building one would be a fun winter project. I can always sell off my extras at gun shows.
There is too much snow to want to got out much and it gives me an excuse to fire up the woodstove in the shop and be out of SWMBO's way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#6]
See one at the range fit finish seem VERY GOOD
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks 50cal!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a complete doublestar/J&T build, 4k through, not one issue due to the rifle (had short stroking when I had to change out the FSB to a PRI, but that was my fault)
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a complete 20" Doublestar/J&T rifle.  I had a couple of jam issues during the initial break-in period, but 200 rounds later, that is a non issue.  Also, my selector switch was a little rough compared to my other ARs and all it took was a drop of CLP to fix that.  Excellant rifle for the price!  

I also just pieced together a Doublestar lower with an Armalite LPK and a Ace Skeleton stock.  As soon as POF and I stop playing telephone tag, I plan to mate this lower to a POF Piston driven upper.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I have two rifles built on DPMS lowers, with the uppers built by J&T.  These were kits that had all parts but the stripped lower.  The uppers were ready to rock.

J&T is the sister company to Double Star.  DS is the rifle company, J&T is parts.

So far, not one malfunction of any type with these rifles.  Good accuracy, as well as I can shoot with any of my other AR's.

I could not have assembled the uppers any better myself.  All parts appear to be top drawer.

I can highly recommend anything from Doublestar/J&T.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I love Double Star lowers.  They're some of my favorite, and I've used many different brands.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top