Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 11:41:28 AM EDT
Ok guys, here's the deal. I live in a very large city and the longest range I can shoot at is 55 feet. I have a new upper receiver I got with a gun I bought and I want to zero it according to the guide on this site. I've set the mechanical zeros on the rifle, so now I have to figure out how to zero for 25 meters at 15.24 meters (50 feet). Logic would dictate that I could somehow calculate how low a site zeroed at 25 meters should hit at a shorter distance and then aim for one point and expect an impact at a lower point to achieve a proper zero. I realize the math involved isn't very complicated, but I'm not familiar enough with the balistics involved.

Any help would be appreciated, however "find another range" is unfortunately not an option for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#1]
From Forest; Zeroing Methods
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Have any of you tried the Improved Battlesight Zero described in the link above?  It sounds like something I want to try.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the improved 50 yrd zero...  Works great for me as 99% of my shots never go over 200yds
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top