Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:39:05 PM EDT
I know most people here advise touching your nose to the CH to get a consistent cheek weld.  I noticed recently some high power shooters putting their nose forward of the CH and almost touching their eye to the rear sight.  which do you do?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I touch my nose to the CH....  It's habit by now.   Maybe I'll try a little forward, but I'm not sure where I'd get the same kind of positive feedback that I'm in the right position.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My nose sits right where I was trained to put it 21 years ago!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
nose to charging handle for me aswell
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
NTCH
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Charging handle here.    

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
where ever i see the red dot on the aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3

Whats the highest number this sad display has ever gotten to??

As I've been told by many trained shooters...nose to charging handle(actually about 1/2 behind the charging handle is where I find it most comfortable and repeatable for me), I don't think I could shoot any other way now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Honestly I don't put my nose right to the charging handle.  It's uncomfortable.  Maybe an inch or inch and a half back.  I just put my cheek where it feels natural, and I shoot fine, so it works for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Stock fully extended, nose where the edge of the stock meets the buffer tube.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3

+4

its the most comfy spot i have found
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:09:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Honestly I don't put my nose right to the charging handle.  It's uncomfortable.  Maybe an inch or inch and a half back.  I just put my cheek where it feels natural, and I shoot fine, so it works for me.

I have to agree.  It is not comfortable for me to put my nose to the charging handle when shooting one of my ARs with a standard A2 stock, so I just get the same weld on my cheekbone and in approximately the same place on the stock and I shoot pretty good for an amateur.  I was in the Army as a Combat Engineer and they never taught us to put our noses on the CH.  Maybe with Infantry and with the Marines it was different, or maybe it was because we had 2 weeks with Reserve Army Drill Instructors right in the middle of BRM, and all the sadistic sons of bitches wanted to do was harass/torture us.  Either way, I always qualified either SharpShooter or Expert in my 6 years and I still do well enough to be confident in my abilities so I am not going to change now.  Maybe if I get another carbine, or start using a short stock I will try NTCH...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3

+4

its the most comfy spot i have found

+5

It is a good, repeatable point of reference.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top