Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 8:20:28 PM EDT

I read that the Yugo SKS will shoot these as well.  Any info appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:33:46 AM EDT
[#1]
No I haven't but I sure would like to

I have seen them many times in IDF photos. They must be standard issue items in the troubled areas there

I'd imagine there are smoke, CS, and who knows maybe hardcore gas models

They haven't come to my gun-shop or gun-show tables yet!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Those look fun as hell....where can I get some?  Even with just smoke and CS I could have a grand ol' time!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not. but if you have a standard 22mm flash suppressor you can.
I shoot these off of my M59/66 all the time with the Swanson Hollywood blanks... they fly about a 100yards.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have not. but if you have a standard 22mm flash suppressor you can.
I shoot these off of my M59/66 all the time with the Swanson Hollywood blanks... they fly about a 100yards.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=43728

imagine walking out on to the tennis court at your local snooty (insert sport or high-priced object here) club with an M4 and one of those babies mounted up...

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#5]
We used to shoot the GI practice rifle gernades off our AR15's years ago.  Used a home brew blank round. These things which weighed about 2 1/2 lbs would f;ly out to several hunderd yards. Never shoot them off the shoulder , just against a rock or the ground.  Even blew out the end cap of my buffer tube once.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Those look fun as hell....where can I get some?  Even with just smoke and CS I could have a grand ol' time!!!!

www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=&chrSuperSKU=881770&MC=

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]
When I did my regular service in the 80s, the rifle grenades were frequently used, much more than M203s. Back then we were armed with Galils but each platoon had one or two guys with the M16A1/M203. I don't know if this was because the rifle grenades were considered better or for financial reasons as they were locally manufactured.

I've heard that it was not recommended to shoot rifle grenades from the M16 because it was less durable than the Galil and I never saw it done with a live grenade. I did once shoot  the inert practice grenade from my friend's M16A1/M203 for fun. I remember the recoil was strong but not painful.

Today the IDF infantry only use M16s and I haven't seen rifle grenades in use for years. On the other hand, in riots, rubber bullet loads are shot using the rifle grenade cartridge with the M16A1 quite frequently. We are told that it isn't safe to shoot with the shorter 14.5 barrels but I've seen that done also. This has much less recoil than the grenades though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When I did my regular service in the 80s, the rifle grenades were frequently used, much more than M203s. Back then we were armed with Galils but each platoon had one or two guys with the M16A1/M203. I don't know if this was because the rifle grenades were considered better or for financial reasons as they were locally manufactured.

I've heard that it was not recommended to shoot rifle grenades from the M16 because it was less durable than the Galil and I never saw it done with a live grenade. I did once shoot  the inert practice grenade from my friend's M16A1/M203 for fun. I remember the recoil was strong but not painful.

Today the IDF infantry only use M16s and I haven't seen rifle grenades in use for years. On the other hand, in riots, rubber bullet loads are shot using the rifle grenade cartridge with the M16A1 quite frequently. We are told that it isn't safe to shoot with the shorter 14.5 barrels but I've seen that done also. This has much less recoil than the grenades though.

It sounds like it would be better to stick with trying to shoot these with my Yugo M59/66 SKS.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top