Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 10:14:26 AM EDT
Well, my first "other" black rifle. (I'm an FAL guy. <- Should I have said that around here??)

Went to the Dallas gunshow this weekend and a Bushmaster M4 A3 with the Izzy brake just seemed to follow me home. I've got a few questions.

I have a tendancy to want to use the magwell as a foregrip. I know this is a no-no, so I was looking into mounting a vertical foregrip to start off with. Can the rails that mount to the standard carbine handguard take abuse or will they crack the handguard? This will likely be the only modification I make for a long time, as I am a K.I.S.S. kind of guy.

Magazines? Green followers = good, right?

Any good guides on field/detail striping?

Any peices of advice?

Thanks for the help

Alex

(Hoping I don't get a "Use the search, idiot." response. )
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the site!

Check out the "Information" link above and click on Manuals and Downloads.  There's plenty of info for assembly/disassembly and maintenance.
As far as I know, using the magwell for a grip isn't bad, but what do I know?  
And just make sure you buy USGI magazines.  These will always be good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a tendancy to want to use the magwell as a foregrip. I know this is a no-no,

Why is it a no-no? Seriously.

I don't see this as a problem as long as you're holding the magwell and not the mag itself.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#4]
congrats and welcome. Nothing wrong with holding it that way.
ETA: don't forget the pics. Mandatory around here when you get a new toy
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!  I was there as well, but excercised way more restraint than normal.  All I walked out with was a one piece cleaning rod and a bore guide.  Saved $7.00 on the entry fee (military) and was feeling kinda happy until I saw that my wife had offset that by buying a $4.00 cup of coffee.  It wasn't even from Seattle, dammit! Anyway, great show-my first in about 15 years.
Enjoy the new AR!  BTW, where do you shoot?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the family. Be shure to keep it where you can see it, because otherwise they have a way of multiplying in the safe.... Not shure why.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top