Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:57:09 PM EDT
Hi Guys,

I'm trading for an SP1 that is all original from the late '70s.  It has less than 100 rounds down the pipe.  So it is in great shape.  The advice I need......

Do I shoot it, or put in the safe and let it stay there?  I know these fantastic rifles were made to shoot, but what to do?

Thanks in advance!  Best Regards,

PatG.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Go ahead and shoot it, Clean it, Then put it in the safe until it is time to go to the range again. At least that is what I would do with it. Way to many of them to really be considered a Collectors item just  yet.
TS
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Go shoot it, I don't even see it as a question.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 2 during the ban!!! Had 2 allready, sold 3 kept the sweetest. I love the SP1 model... But
I lost $ on the sales. Unless there is another ban, or intrest in them in ban states increases. I would say spend wise and shot, shot, shot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot it, Colt didn't build it to sit in a safe all neglected and lonley
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  That is what I was hoping to hear.  Take care.  I'll post some pics when I get it.  Now I'll be able to join in those Retro pic threads!!

WOOHOO!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top