Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:49:19 PM EDT
I was reading around on one of the threads and someone said that the
telestocks rattle. They suggested an aftermarket one that was solid.

Are the factory ones really that cheaply made? Specifically, BushMaster or RockRiverArms.

What was the name and website of the solid aftermarket telestocks?(compatible with BM, RRA)

Thanks, Frank

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
some do, some dont (even from the same brands)

i have a LMT that has some play, while others have reported none

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been looking at the Magpul M93 stock. It is suppose to be a stronger platform than the 6 position stocks, and have a more consistant cheek weld in any position.

4X4SC
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have been looking at the Magpul M93 stock. It is suppose to be a stronger platform than the 6 position stocks, and have a more consistant cheek weld in any position.

4X4SC

and NO rattle
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I have three LMT 6-pos stock kits, none rattle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

4X4SC

and NO rattle

But you better hurry, 'cause they don't make the 93 anymore....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 4 M4 stocks, and one older style CAR stock.  All of mine have a little bit of play in them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4X4SC

and NO rattle

Are you saying that MagPul is gaffing off the M93B stocks?

Dave S

Or, are you our first official Literal Nazi?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
My RRA has a bit of play, but it doesn't "rattle"
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Duct tape it- fixed my rattles in my old VW Scirocco.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Duct tape it- fixed my rattles in my old VW Scirocco.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#11]
My Vltor has less "rattle" than most standard 4 or 6 position stocks.  In fact, none.  A little (very little) "play", but no rattle.

TS
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a oly arms six pos. CAR stock. Rattled a little...

Now I have a LMT SOPMOD/Crane stock, and the thing is solid. No rattle or play whatsoever
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a RRA and a Colt. They look the same but the RRA has a lot of play.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:58:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4X4SC

and NO rattle

Are you saying that MagPul is gaffing off the M93B stocks?

Dave S

Or, are you our first official Literal Nazi?  

MagPul has ceased production of the M93 series. They are no longer being made in favor of a new and improved design yet to be released. This came directly from Rich at MagPul and was posted here. I'm pretty sure its still posted in the MagPul forum on the Industry board.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:00:54 AM EDT
[#15]
From MagPul

"The M93 is being replaced by two stocks the CTR and the UBR.

The CTR does have a prototype and some people who know Simon Tan have seen, held and played with this stock. The CTR is a simple design and we should be able to post some photos soon.

The UBR which is the DIRECT replacement for the M93 (Does everything the M93 does but better), is being designed from the internal components outwards so even though much of it has been designed we still do not know exactly what it will look like. We should have prototypes by the shot show."

Link to thread
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#16]
The only problem I have with my RRA 6 position stock is that sometimes I catch beard hairs in the space between the sliding part and the buffer tube.  Otherwise it's great and basically silent.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#17]
My RRA rattles very little and only when its fully extended.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#18]
My 6 pos RRA used to wobble around a little until I put it in a vise and took a heat gun to it.

Nice and snug now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#19]
This is for M4 or other stocks with the nylon type plastic ( not the alum. stocks) that are loose on the buffer tube .  
Take the stock off the tube and put it in a vise with a rag around it to keep from marring it up . Squeese it  in the vise but don't go crazy , while it is in the vise take a hair dryer and blow through the stock heating it up , do both ends , this only takes about  1min all together , then ck it for fit on the tube , repeat if nessesary to get desired fit .
You then have a stock that fits nice and tight no rattling !       IceMan_1
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine were nice and tight and through use they do get a little play.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#22]
If you don't mind doing so, you can take some vise grips and latch them on to the bottom of the buffer tube and bend out the fence around the bottom of the tube ever so slightly. This will eliminate a lot of play and make the stock much more solid. Just don't do it too close to the receiver or when you extend the stock, you will see the teeth marks that the vice grips will eat into the buffer tube. I did it and it works great. The stock is slightly harder to pull out now, but there is no play when it is extended to the 2nd or 3rd positions (which I shoot with).
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#23]
My Bushy M4 A2's stock is solid as a rock...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#24]

6 position TeleStock, they rattle?

Just turned around at my computer desk and picked mine up.

Rattles like a

maraca!

Never really shook it before to see.

Doesn't bother me though.

GM
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The only problem I have with my RRA 6 position stock is that sometimes I catch beard hairs in the space between the sliding part and the buffer tube.  Otherwise it's great and basically silent.

The loose fit never was an issue, it was the facial hair being plucked from my face that bothered me... After discovering the hair drier/vise trick, no more loose fit or pain...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#26]
dont buy cheap crap and it wont rattle
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What exactly is cheap crap?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What exactly is cheap crap?

Chicom clones are generally considered crap.

The best advice is to buy a quality name brand from a reputable dealer that posts on these boards.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top