Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 8:29:41 AM EDT
I was unable to find any comments on the FAR's by doing a search.

Has anyone acquired one of their rifles in the last 30 days?

Their price on an M4gery is only $799, and that comes with the comment "expect 1 MOA accuracy" found on the site. That is the flat top w/o the handle.

Their A4 style rifle is the same price.

Any dealers out there that might have some of their rifles on hand?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Fulton armory is right down the road from me. I've handled all of their AR's and I will say they are top-notch. Fit and finish is outstanding. Compared to my Colt and Bushmaster, the Fulton's look and feel nicer. The only thing I don't like about the m4geries is the stock. I'd prefer a Colt or milspec stock just because they tend to "feel" a little loose. I would buy one without hesitation.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 16 inch Liberator from them last month.  The specs are on their website, so I won't bore you with them here.  I love it.  The 2 stager trigger is very crisp, it seems accurate (any lack or accuracy being casued by operator headspace and timing issues, not the weapon's)
I showed it to a couple of guys in my unit today, and they are impressed with it as well.  It is very well put together, with no slop between the upper and lower at all.
Total cost with chromed heavy barrel and extra front sight post was about $1162. That'll only get you 58 lap dances, so I'm guessing it was a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I received my FAR-15 SOCOM Phantom in November.  I love it.  I got the 20" version, but had a telescopic stock put on it.  I can't see much justification for a fixed stock, when you can get an adjustable one. YMMV.

I like my accessories on the handguard mounted at 45deg, so I had them rotate the handguard and add a sling stud.  Anyway, my point is it was a custom build (like all their orders), not an assembly line thing...  and they did exactly what I asked.

Everything seems to be top notch quality.  Name brand components (YHM, Ergo, Wilson, etc.).

You can see my setup on this thread: gr8jab's FAR-15 Phantom

You can see the accuracy on this thread: gr8jab's FAR-15 Accuracy

The 5 shot group pictured in the second link was about 1.25" (center measured) with cheap ammo on a windy day.  I hope to get 3/4" groups with match ammo on a calm day.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.  I can send you close-up photos, upon request.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top